ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from PSW to tier 2 general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

udayref
Newly Registered

Switching from PSW to tier 2 general

Post by udayref » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:44 am

Hi,

I am currently on PSW visa and have a permanent job with a A Rated sponsor. I get paid more than 20,000£ per annum. I am working for the sponsor since last one year. I hold a master degree from UK. My question is to switch from psw to tier 2 general is it required that the job should be of a graduate level? The current job which I am working as isn't a graduate level job. But my employer is happy to give me a letter saying that we preferred graduates so that they can progress their career. Can u please let me know for switching do we need to have a graduate level job?

My second question is can I switch from PSW to tier 2 general on a contract job? If the employer is ready to sponsor and keep me on a rolling contract. The sponsor is also an a rated sponsor.

Thank you for your help

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:01 am

Applications for entry Clearance or switching into tier 2 (General)
63.If you are applying to work in the UK the Certificate of Sponsorship must confirm that the job is at NQF level level 6 (or the equivalent in Scotland) as stated in the codes of practice or in a creative sector occupation skilled to NQF level 4 (or the equivalent in Scotland) as listed in the Tier 2 & 5 Sponsor Guidance, or the job is at NQF level 4 and appears on the list of shortage occupations. This does not mean that you must be educated to this level, it means that the job is at that level. The Certificate of Sponsorship must also confirm that you will be paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job

udayref
Newly Registered

Post by udayref » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:22 am

Thanks Lucapooka for your reply.The eligibility for the job is that you should hold a High school diploma(which means that the job is not of graduate level)? As per your advise i think i wont qualify for switching. but when i applied for the job they said that they preferred graduates for the job so if i apply for switching and company gives me letter stating that we have taken him in so that we can progress him. Will that help me to switch to T2 General. they are paying me an according to the UKBA guidelines.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:25 pm

udayref wrote: they said that they preferred graduates for the job .
Veolia (the refuse collection concession in London) might very well prefer graduates to empty the dustbins and, of course, graduates are free to apply, but as it stands those jobs are not graduate level as stated in the codes of practice. You need to look at the codes of practice.
Lucapooka wrote: the Certificate of Sponsorship must confirm that the job is at NQF level level 6 (or the equivalent in Scotland) as stated in the codes of practice