ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension successful - Croydon PEO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

goingbrit

Tier 1 extension successful - Croydon PEO

Post by goingbrit » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Have used this website extensively in preparation for applying, thanks to everyone who contributes and who answered my questions. Employed, two employers in the past 12 months.

Appointment at 930 (my husband and I had independent Tier 1's, his appt was at 845, they let me in with him)

Airport like security was very quick (we arrived at 8am), then to the first floor for data entry (took maybe 20 min), then called for biometrics (again very quick)

Then the wait started. My token number was the one right after my husband's, he got called by a caseworker about 20-30 min after biometrics. He sat and went through the documents (payslips and bank statements) with CW for 3.5 hours! CW seemed quite inexperienced, kept consulting manual, not sure whether to count net income or gross income etc.

I finally got called probably an hour after my husband, by a young man who asked me to give him all documents I wanted to and he was going to give everything to someone else (note that this was not from one of the usual CW counters). He said I could go out if I wanted, can come back at 2pm (this was about 10am) and it should be done by then. I chose not to go out, had some food from the cafe on the 2nd floor etc, watched the inexperienced CW try to deal with my husband's case. Finally got called around 130pm, no questions asked, just "your application has been approved, should receive BRP in 5-7 working days, thank you".

Just wanted to point out that though my husband and I basically had identical cases, we were treated differently. CW must have been more experienced in my case! :lol:

Edited to add: BRP delivery attempt made yesterday while we were out (so it was 2 days after the PEO appointment), have rescheduled for Friday so hopefully will have the final bits completed very soon!