ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Certificate - Issue

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

glitters
Newly Registered

Marriage Certificate - Issue

Post by glitters » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:25 am

Hi,

I have planned to apply for Tier2 Dependent Visa, and one of the required supporting document is Marriage Certificate,
But We registered marriage after 9 months from the date of marraige.
( Our marriage took place on 21-Aug-2008 and we registered the same on 20-May-2009 ) - Will this have any impact?

- If so means, what are the other supporting documents, we can provide as proof ?
- Please let me know, I'm highly confused now, It would be really of great help if anyone share their views here.

rej123
Newly Registered

Post by rej123 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:41 am

my previous dependant visa application was refused last time as I failed to submit marriage certificate as we never got a chance to obtain one since our marriage in 2008...

finally had to call my spouse from the UK for marriage registration (marriage is registered after 4 yrs of marriage) and submitted a new application on 23rd July..my application is currently under process!! Keeping fingers crossed!

IMO I dont see a reason why they should not accept late registrations as a valid marriage evidence as the reg certificate has got the actual date of marriage on it and is registered by proper govt authorities.. I haven't came across any such rule that one has to register their marriage within a certain timeframe ..if that had been the case the registrar office in first place would be denying issuing certifcates for delayed registrations .. but I really don't know how ECO's look at it ..got a bit worried after reading this post..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 9a4eb92375

However I had submitted following evidences of subsisting marriage-

1. Original Marriage certificate along with a copy attested by an appropriate Government authority in India.
2. Original and attested Marriage invitation card
3. Original wedding pictures (4 nos)
4. Flight tickets of my Spouse's travel to India for getting the marriage registration done in India.
5. letters from both our Parents confirming that we have been living together as a happy married couple since 2008.
6.Approval Letter from Managing agent of our Letting company confirming that me & my spouse lived together in the UK last year & also approving my Parents stay in that Property as a suitable visitor to reside during their visit to the UK.
7. Various email communications between me & my spouse since our marriage.
8. Chat transcripts/call logs between me & spouse confirming that we have been in regular contact with each other since our marriage.

I just hope that the ECO is convinced this time with all these evidences!

Hope this helps...Good Luck for your application!

rej123
Newly Registered

Post by rej123 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:51 am

Just an update - My dependant visa has been granted :D

So dont worry about the 9 months delay on marriage registration..As long as marriage is legally registered should be fine.

Good luck!

glitters
Newly Registered

Post by glitters » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:17 am

Great! My Heary wishes to you!! :D
Feeling quiet relieved now,Thanks for your guidance!!

Regards,
Priya