ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa on expired passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

touchwood
Newly Registered

visa on expired passport

Post by touchwood » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:06 am

Hi there,
One of my friends was working in a sensitive department in his country before coming to the UK. He did resign from his job when he got HSMP visa. His resignation was accepted before he left for the UK. Then he got 'residence permit' visa on the same passport and his passport was expired after that. when he applied for the renewal of the passport he was refused by the passport office of his country, the reason being the govt. of his country put a condition that he will have to come back and spend atleast two years in his country and then he will be able to get his passport renewed.Obviously he can't do that as his ILR is due three months time. Please suggest.
Thanks

askhan

re

Post by askhan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:28 pm

Dear,

this is issue is bit more complex and this forum normally deals with UK visa matters.

I would suggest to speak to the Embassy (native) and try to explain if not then you might need to take this matter to native country court.

this is what i m just guessing, don't take my word as on records.