ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much is 'Sufficient fund'

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nettan
Newly Registered

How much is 'Sufficient fund'

Post by nettan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:59 pm

I am an Irish citizen planning to bring my wife to Ireland and would like to know how much is sufficient fund as required by the Department of Justice. a lot of people get refused because of 'insufficient fund'. I was wondering if anybody knows the minimum account balance that is considered sufficient for this purpose. Thanks

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Re: How much is 'Sufficient fund'

Post by sun_in_rome » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:30 am

nettan wrote:I am an Irish citizen planning to bring my wife to Ireland and would like to know how much is sufficient fund as required by the Department of Justice. a lot of people get refused because of 'insufficient fund'. I was wondering if anybody knows the minimum account balance that is considered sufficient for this purpose. Thanks
Definition of a qualifying sponsor:
A qualifying sponsor is a non-EEA national:
He/she must be in full time employment on the date of application and have an income above the threshold which would qualify the family for payment under the Family Income Supplement (FIS) Scheme administered by the Department of Social Protection

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/S ... alify.aspx

hope that helps!!!!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:30 am

sun_in_rome wrote:Definition of a qualifying sponsor:
He/she must be in full time employment on the date of application and have an income above the threshold which would qualify the family for payment under the Family Income Supplement (FIS) Scheme administered by the Department of Social Protection

hope that helps!!!!
That's for those applying for a visa to join a spouse or parent who is a Work Permit Holder, Green Card Holder or Scientific Researcher. The OP is an Irish national.

OP, see: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Jo ... sh_Citizen
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:53 am

Ben wrote:
sun_in_rome wrote:Definition of a qualifying sponsor:

hope that helps!!!!
That's for those applying for a visa to join a spouse or parent who is a Work Permit Holder, Green Card Holder or Scientific Researcher. The OP is an Irish national.

OP, see: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Jo ... sh_Citizen
yes u r right but how much is sufficient fund??

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:54 am

sun_in_rome wrote:yes u r right but how much is sufficient fund??
I don't know. It doesn't say.

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:02 am

Ben wrote:
I think in that case one should follow

but even then we don't know the clear answer!!!

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:02 am

how long a piece of string is?
nettan wrote:I am an Irish citizen planning to bring my wife to Ireland and would like to know how much is sufficient fund as required by the Department of Justice. a lot of people get refused because of 'insufficient fund'. I was wondering if anybody knows the minimum account balance that is considered sufficient for this purpose. Thanks

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:15 am

sun_in_rome wrote:
Ben wrote:
I think in that case one should follow

but even then we don't know the clear answer!!!
Well no, because you're assuming that application for a visa as the spouse of an Irish national is in some way related to Family Income Supplement. There is nothing on the INIS website to suggest that that is the case, nor is there any indication that issuance of such visa is subject to a minimum income of any level of the Irish national. What it does say, is:
  • Fully complete the online application form, and submit your signed summary application form, photographs and fee (if applicable)
  • In addition to the signed summary application form, please also submit a signed letter of application
    1. outlining your reason for coming to Ireland,
    2. giving details of any members of your family who are currently in Ireland, or any other EU State.
  • Passport, valid for 12 months, and copy of previous passport if applicable. (If your passport is relatively new, it may assist your application if you provide your previous passport showing any previous visas for any other country, and your previous travel history)
  • If you have been refused a visa for any other country, details of this must be given. Submit the original letter issued to you by the authorities of that country. Concealment of visa refusals will result in your Irish visa application being refused
  • A detailed statement of your bank account covering a six-month period immediately prior to your visa application, and showing sufficient funds to cover your costs
  • Clear copy of spouse’s passport, or other documentary evidence attesting to spouse's Irish citizenship, showing evidence of residency in country you are moving from
  • Marriage Certificate
OP, according to the quoted text above, "sufficient funds", in relation to these types of applications, relates merely to the visa applicant showing that she has sufficient funds to cover her costs. Presumably this relates to the costs of relocating to Ireland only (as opposed to your personal wealth), but again and as is typical with the DoJ, it is not exactly clear.

nettan
Newly Registered

Post by nettan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:47 am

thank you all for your contributions.. what happens if she's just finished from college and no big money in her account? i intend to foot all her travel bills and sustainance till she gets a job when she arrives.. the rule is kind of not properly thought through in my own opinion