ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependant's visa status if main applicant gets an ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yallow

dependant's visa status if main applicant gets an ILR

Post by yallow » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi IB,

I plan to apply for an ILR later this month. I have a son born here who is now on a dependant Tier 1 visa. I would like to use MN1 to get him British passport bypassing ILR to save money.

The question is if we get an ILR what happens to his current dependant visa? Will he be able to travel on it before he gets his British passport?

Thanks!

jbm

Re: dependant's visa status if main applicant gets an ILR

Post by jbm » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:16 pm

yallow wrote:Hi IB,

I plan to apply for an ILR later this month. I have a son born here who is now on a dependant Tier 1 visa. I would like to use MN1 to get him British passport bypassing ILR to save money.

The question is if we get an ILR what happens to his current dependant visa? Will he be able to travel on it before he gets his British passport?

Thanks!
No, according to my knowledge his current leave will become invalid once you get ILR, he can travel out of UK but need valid leave to enter in the UK.
you should get his British Passport before travelling out of UK.
Regards

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:41 pm

If you have urgent travel plans, then include him in your ILR application. If you can wait for 3-4 months, then skip your child's ILR and apply for BC directly (using form MN1).

yallow

Post by yallow » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:03 pm

thanks guys.