ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post qualified experience

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samindaksm
Newly Registered

Post qualified experience

Post by samindaksm » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:22 am

Hi,

I'm currently in the UK and planning to apply for PR in Ausi. I just completed my BSc Degree in IT though I've got nearly 5 years of experience in the IT field. I Started working in 2005 and finished in June 2010, after that I came to UK to finish the final year of my degree. Currently I'm employed but not in the field of IT. In fact, it's been more than 2 years after I left my last employment in the IT field. That's because I came to UK to finish my degree.
It it necessary to have post qualified experience ? Should my experience be within the last 2 years in order to claim points for experience? I spoke with an Ausi immigration adviser, as per him I'm eligible even without claiming points for working experience. He says, I can gain 60 points for my english, age being below 33 and for the degree. But still he says, I need to get the service letters from my employers and also he says there is a big impact of them even if points are not claimed for working experience. Also I've got professional memberships such as MBCS, MCSE, MCTS and CCNA and he says there is an impact of those qualifications as well. But this really doesn't make sense to me. I'll be very much thankful if someone can explain me this scenario and the requirements.

Thanks