ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 sponsor licence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sussexguy

Tier 2 sponsor licence

Post by sussexguy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:31 am

Dear All,

I am one of those affected by the severe delays caused by the home office officials processing the sponsor licences. I have tried to call them direct to find out they are currently dealing with applications received on 27th March.

I often try to check the updated list of companies in their list of registered company.I think this list is updated fairly regularly. What I saw today actually surprised me a little since the number of listed company on that list is less than it was a few days ago (about) 3 less than last week's list.

I do think that number should increase, isn't it?

Thanks

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi Friend,
When did you apply for license? I have send application for license on 15 Aug 2012 and my visa expire on 13 march 13 is that right move to apply well before??

Answer to your question is 'UKBA is very strict after license and some companies are not interested to renew their license that's why numbers of license holders are changing'.

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:22 pm

jibri wrote:Hi Friend,
When did you apply for license? I have send application for license on 15 Aug 2012 and my visa expire on 13 march 13 is that right move to apply well before??

Answer to your question is 'UKBA is very strict after license and some companies are not interested to renew their license that's why numbers of license holders are changing'.

Are you a company or an employee? I think my employers have sent their application in April 2012 so very long time ago. I think sooner the better. They do not seem to appreciate the urgency to address this issue, presumably because they don't see this as an issue. I think this is a deliberate inconvenience that they are causing to discourage people applying for one.
I am right at the edge of my patience with this. I don't know why do they not increase the number of caseworkers if their excuse is too many applications to deal with.

Anyway, I think you are OK since you have quite a long time before your VISA expires.

Cheers,
S

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:28 pm

Thanks friend for your reply
I am employee but I helped my employer during license procedure. you are right but UKBA doesn't care about this they want to discourage employer i think

mimi3
Newly Registered

Post by mimi3 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:33 pm

I am one of those affected by the severe delays caused by the home office officials processing the sponsor licences. I have tried to call them direct to find out they are currently dealing with applications received on 27th March.

I often try to check the updated list of companies in their list of registered company.I think this list is updated fairly regularly. What I saw today actually surprised me a little since the number of listed company on that list is less than it was a few days ago (about) 3 less than last week's list.

Really? That's depressing. They told me they were working 27th March applications when I called on the 13th! :(

And you're right, I would expect and like to see that the number of sponsors would go up. But I have been obsessed enough to check it daily and yes, it has been the same or gone down for a while now. I wanted to think that more licenses were expiring than were being granted, especially since I've heard that the Sponsor License system was put in place about 4 years ago, so a bunch are expiring now. But if they're still only on the 27th March applications, it makes me wonder what's going on over there?! :x I was even crazy enough to compare the list from two different days, company by company, hoping to see some new ones be added, but I got as far as the B's and gave up.

chris_g642
Newly Registered

Post by chris_g642 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:11 am

Gravity of the delays is really getting worse now... Can't we do anything about it !! What options we are going to be left with !!? If we breach over stay even for one day, we break the law and should be punished, how you think we should consider these delays for months from UKBA without giving us any certain reply or special arrangements. Applicants whose visas are getting expired while waiting for lingering delays, would they be granted with any special arrangements !! RLMT Test expires in 6 months, SL and CoS are taking more than 6 months all together !!? and if Applicant's current visa expires while waiting for CoS which is not his fault, from 1st Oct any one who has overstayed their application shall be refused straightaway, this all seems a plan of UKBA!!... Please Please put some light or take some action !!

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:26 am

Sadly We the migrant applicants can't do any thing about this, Big companies and employer can take action if they want to.

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:59 am

chris_g642 wrote:Gravity of the delays is really getting worse now... Can't we do anything about it !! What options we are going to be left with !!? If we breach over stay even for one day, we break the law and should be punished, how you think we should consider these delays for months from UKBA without giving us any certain reply or special arrangements. Applicants whose visas are getting expired while waiting for lingering delays, would they be granted with any special arrangements !! RLMT Test expires in 6 months, SL and CoS are taking more than 6 months all together !!? and if Applicant's current visa expires while waiting for CoS which is not his fault, from 1st Oct any one who has overstayed their application shall be refused straightaway, this all seems a plan of UKBA!!... Please Please put some light or take some action !!
Are you sure RLMT expires in 6 months? This is one more surprise for me, sadly not a pleasant one. I wonder if they have any proper channel to complain their standard of service. They are clearly committed to provide a service for which they are paid and on the grounds that are not 'patronizing', as they may want to argue for an asylum application.This is where there is an employer 'willing' to sponsor the employee, after the RLMT which clearly indicates a skill gap to be filled.

I really do not know how to vent out my frustration.

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:07 am

mimi3 wrote:

Really? That's depressing. They told me they were working 27th March applications when I called on the 13th! :(

And you're right, I would expect and like to see that the number of sponsors would go up. But I have been obsessed enough to check it daily and yes, it has been the same or gone down for a while now. I wanted to think that more licenses were expiring than were being granted, especially since I've heard that the Sponsor License system was put in place about 4 years ago, so a bunch are expiring now. But if they're still only on the 27th March applications, it makes me wonder what's going on over there?! :x I was even crazy enough to compare the list from two different days, company by company, hoping to see some new ones be added, but I got as far as the B's and gave up.

That's quite shocking if they said they are dealing with 27th March application to you when you rang them 10 days before I did.

Are you/ your employer taking professional legal help with making sponsor application? My employer is taking help but I have never spoken to them. I wonder if they can approach UKBA any better than we can. I am sad we are all being made subject to this sort of treatment, having been abiding by the law all along!

I don't know what more they have in store!

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:38 pm

I checked the list of employers again this morning and I am glad to see an increase in the number of companies by about 25.

mimi3
Newly Registered

Post by mimi3 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Yes! I saw that relatively impressing increase in numbers, too! +29, since Friday! Though unfortunately UkKumar, our trusty tie to the latest UKBA updates, said even today they told him they were still on "end of March" applications, and his company, who applied end of April, would probably be another 3 weeks.

Yes, we are using an immigration law firm to deal with the whole process, and I have been in contact with them, and they have been actively pursuing it, but unfortunately they've gotten the same response as we have from the UKBA - "We have backlogs, we're trying to get through it, we can't promise any timescale at this time".

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:53 am

mimi3 wrote:Yes! I saw that relatively impressing increase in numbers, too! +29, since Friday! Though unfortunately UkKumar, our trusty tie to the latest UKBA updates, said even today they told him they were still on "end of March" applications, and his company, who applied end of April, would probably be another 3 weeks.

Yes, we are using an immigration law firm to deal with the whole process, and I have been in contact with them, and they have been actively pursuing it, but unfortunately they've gotten the same response as we have from the UKBA - "We have backlogs, we're trying to get through it, we can't promise any timescale at this time".
The number seems to be going up at the moment which is, to say the least, good.Have you come across the new email: sponsorprogress@ho,eoffice.gsi.gov.uk

When I called their usual number to ask what is the update, they said they are no longer advising over telephone and that one should use this email (employer I guess) to get any update. I have communicated this to my HR but haven't heard anything just yet. Perhaps we should update our cases over here as we they happen.

Thanks

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi,

Has anyone recently received their sponsorship licence since making an application? I have come across the following:
sponsorprogress@ho,eoffice.gsi.gov.uk
This is also explained in the following link.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rshelpline

So if anyone uses this or otherwise and gets some information then please share over here.

Thanks

WaitingontheUKBA

Post by WaitingontheUKBA » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:59 pm

This is so frustrating. I'm in the same boat. My company applied back in mid-may and I have not heard any updates yet. Now that the Olympics and Paralympics are over i'm hoping they can dedicate more resources to get through the back log.

sussexguy

Do UKBA HAVE to process an application within six months?

Post by sussexguy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:50 am

Hi,

I am one of those still in the wait for UKBA to provide a sponsor licence.
I just heard, through word of mouth, that UKBA MUST respond within the six months of making an application. Is this true? Can I heckle them if they are getting so close to this threshold? I am aware that the RTML is only valid for 6 months. This sounds very unfair to me if they don't process my application before this time. This is simply not a service for which they charge a fees!

Please advice.

Thanks

skylined
Newly Registered

Post by skylined » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:06 pm

hey guys,

i got confirmation from ukba that my company's sponsorship license has been assigned to a case worker on Sept 14th. i think my company applied early may.

once it's been assigned to a caseworker how long does it take to get the license anyone know?

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:49 pm

skylined wrote:hey guys,

i got confirmation from ukba that my company's sponsorship license has been assigned to a case worker on Sept 14th. i think my company applied early may.

once it's been assigned to a caseworker how long does it take to get the license anyone know?
Thanks,Could you tell us when did your employer made the application in the first place, please?

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Hello guys,

could you tel me what are the options if your employer dont get sponsorship license by the time our visa expires?

i have read other thread where people have applied without COS. (Is it good idea to do that as per my understanding if you send incomplete application more likely it will be refusal)

please advise guys as my employer will be applying on 01/10/2012 for sponsorship license.

your response will be highly appricated

regards
Rehan

santoshimaa
Newly Registered

Post by santoshimaa » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:02 pm

Hello Rehan01,

When will your visa expire? I have consulted a solicitor on the same and it depends on the type of your current visa.

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:37 pm

Has anyone noticed the number of employers with sponsor licence has gone down today. It is 25395 today as opposed to 25407 from yesterday!

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi santoshimma,

I am on psw visa and my employer is willing to sponsor me tier 2 and they are applying for tier 2 sponsorship license but after reading different people comments and post regarding the delays caused by ukba in issuing the license I doubt it very much that my employer will get license before my visa expires. So I am very confused as my employer is applying for sponsirship license now and my visa expiring january 2013.

So I doubt it very much that I will get my cos sorted before my visa expires or my employer will get the sponsorship license in that time.

Also my employer is very new and they just start trading but they have all the correct paperwork in place as required by ukba for sponsorship license so I m just finger crossing on that too.

Please advice what u think in my case and as u said depends on what visa I am on so please reply me on that as well.

Many thanks once again for your earlier reply

Regards

Rehan

sha23

continue here

Post by sha23 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:34 am

Hi All,

Please continue discussion regarding Sponsor License on this thread so that everybody benefits from discussions at a single place.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=140

santoshimaa
Newly Registered

Post by santoshimaa » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi Rehan01,

Sorry for the delayed response. I am in the same situation. And apart from that I am 5 months pregnant. This whole thing is a stress. Well, as of now there are huge delays. Your employer can make a Urgent request 2 weeks before your Visa expiry. I heard UKBA will consider that. They have to attach scanned copy of your Visa expire page to the email while sending this Urgent request. It is your employer's job to specify number of resticted and Unrestricted COS they will for that year while making the License application. Ask your employer about the number of Resticted/Unrestricted COS they've requested while applying for the License. If the License is approved, automatically they will receive the requested number of COS. You don't have to wait for the COS again.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Do UKBA HAVE to process an application within six months

Post by manci » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:34 pm

sussexguy wrote: Just wanted to know when a company applies for a sponsor licence does it get given a login details for SMS to check the status/progress?
No - see para 160 of the sponsor guidance:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

sussexguy

Re: Do UKBA HAVE to process an application within six months

Post by sussexguy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:39 am

manci wrote:
sussexguy wrote: Just wanted to know when a company applies for a sponsor licence does it get given a login details for SMS to check the status/progress?
No - see para 160 of the sponsor guidance:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Anyone knows what happens if the time taken by the UKBA exceeds six months regarding sponsorship application?Does the RLMT need to be repeated for the fault of the UKBA!?