ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employer in Tier II

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jack_daniel

Change of Employer in Tier II

Post by jack_daniel » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi,

I am working with my existing employer who had sponsored my Tier II visa.
It is valid till Jul 2014.

But I am planning to change my Employer for better Salary and prospects.
They are A-rated sponsors and are ready to Sponsor my Tier II visa.

I've asked them to raise my CoS starting 1st of Nov.
And they would provide me with a CoS by 10th Oct for me to fill the Application.

From the existing timelines taken by UKBA. I doubt I'll get my BRP and visa done by 1st of Nov.

-Can I continue to work for my existing employer even after 1stNov till I am issued a new Biometric Residence Permit?

-Will my existing employer be notified by ukba that I have been allocated CoS by another company and
hence I am not allowed to work with them ?

-What if I am not allowed to work for my existing employer after 1 Nov and the New company rules doesn't allow me
join till I get the BRP with Approval letter?

(Is it not legal to employ people on the basis of an Approved CoS , Otherwise how could people apply for extension or change of employment,
If the new employer wants to see the BRP and approval letter during joining)

I understand it varies from one company to another but any views or comments on this would be highly appreciable.

Regards
JD