ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW dependent eligibility

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

artykamal
Newly Registered

PSW dependent eligibility

Post by artykamal » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi,

I need a clarification..

My fiance is under PSW visa currently. Now i am in India and we are going to get married early next year. Now i need to apply as his dependent.

My question is as per recent changes as on July 2012,

1. Does the income limit of 18,600 pounds applies to PSW as well to bring me as his dependant?
2. What is the minimum balance to be maintained in our respective accounts?
3. Is it enough if my fiance shows his bank statement only for the minimum balance?

Please reply guys.. i need to plan for some other alternative

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

segunolu88
Angola

Psw dependant Eligibility

Post by segunolu88 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:06 am

It's important the marriage is consummated before you make your dependant application. Dependant route is essentially for partners and their children. It's doubtful if prospective partners would meet the eligibility criteria. However, the required maintenance for yourself is £600 for a 3 month period and your partner needs not maintain any funds for himself, since his Psw application has already been approved.

Good luck to you

artykamal
Newly Registered

Post by artykamal » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:51 am

Yeah. I understand there is no reference as to 18600 pounds criteria as i read through the policy guidance for PSW holders to bring their dependants . But When enquried with the solicitors in UK, they said the income limit is applicable to PSW holders and Tier 1 general category also.But they are differenct opinions from different people in the income criteria of 18600 pounds. As far as maintenance is concerned there are no issues. Just this income limit is only of concern to me.
Can anyone please clarify this issue.?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:27 am

And have these solicitors pointed you to the relevant part of the rules which says that the income threshold of £18600 applies to psw? I am quite sure they didn't because such rules do not exist. The threshold only applies to settled persons and British citizens. A psw holder does not even need to be employed to sponsor a dependent.

artykamal
Newly Registered

Post by artykamal » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:29 am

No the solicitors did not point out any rules with regard to income limit. However few weeks back one of my friend's PSW dependant visa was rejected on the grounds that income was below the limit.
I am not able to understand what UKBA is trying to look for in terms dependant application.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:51 am

The policy guidance tells you what they are looking for, as do the immigration rules.

geriatrix

Re: Psw dependant Eligibility

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:30 pm

segunolu88 wrote:It's important the marriage is consummated before you make your dependant application.
Where did you read that / get that idea from?? :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Life isn't fair, but you can be!