ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Sheffield - Decision deferred

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zoya888
Newly Registered

PEO sheffield

Post by zoya888 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi,

We applied at PEO sheffield on 13 Sep 2012 (last thursday) for 5 year WP + dependent for ILR.

Appointment at 1.30pm. Arrived at 12.45pm
Submitted the documents by 1.15pm.
Biometrics done by 2.30pm
Asked to wait for the CW. Met the CW at 3.15pm.

CW asked for th photocpies, already had the originals with him. Asked questions on which category we are applying under, if passed the LIFE test and what score, was it okay. I said we didnot get any score only pass/fail and we passed. He said he will check the scores on the system.
Asked about cohab docs, bank statements, public funds, how many employers I worked for. He then said it will take 45 mins and to come back after the time has lapsed.

So we waited and saw the CW at the counter at 4.05pm who the gave us a letter saying we need to carry out further enquiries and it will take 3 days to liase with other teams so will phone.

Tomorrow is the 3rd day (18 Sep) havent heard anything yet. Having read through this forum I have a impression that we may have to wait much longer than 3 days...as majority of the cases suggests this trend strongly.

I thought it was a straightforward case perhaps not anymore...

Its disappointing that the whole idea of premium service has been defeated in many cases, no fair explanation is provided for decisions made for the delays and obviously the extortionate charges.

Also SHEFFIELD PEO is not recommended as the place is so stuffy, badly setup. When kids or people are talking, its impossible to hear the case workers talking through the counters. TV is annoying more than entertaining as its too loud. The whole building appeared to me as Home office centre however the space allocated to the PEO is so confined.

Staff were friendly however the CW seemed awkward at times and attempted using scare tactics while questioning.

I will reserve my comments tomorrow for commenting on the service standards. So far poor as did not process the application on the same day and didnot provide a clear explanation as to why the decision was made. CW said 3 working days verbally however the letter doesnt mentioned any timelines. It appears UKBA nevers wants to commit anything- everything is subject to conditions. So horrifying and unfair standards.

Any thoughts of why there could be a delay----
I would strongly suggest to people to use the post and save the cash.......PEOs are a bad option, a pure hit/trial and very unreliable.

mojoking
Newly Registered

Post by mojoking » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Hello Zoya888, I've got the same issue with yours and funny enough, ours was the same time with yours and the CW told us that she can't make any decision at 4pm. Just wandering if you have gotten any feedback from them. Mine was on friday 19th of October and the CW said the system flagged up but she doesn't know what it was but needs to investigate by sending an email to CRS. Just wandering if this is another excuse to delay decision after premium service. Please could you share if you've got any response yet. Also if anyone could give any opinion. The CW said she's happy with my documentation and can't see anything wrong with my application, also gave me number to ring.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:03 am

zoya888's update.
If the caseworker couldn't tell you why the system flagged you, no one here can either.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!