ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds for FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nomibhai
Newly Registered

Maintenance funds for FLR(M)

Post by nomibhai » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:49 pm

I am going to switch my wifes visa to dependent of settled person from dependent of Tier 1. She arrived in UK back in 2008.Question, do i need to have a minimum balance on my bank statements? What if the balance is part of the overdraft for last 6 months? I'm earning more than 25K. Is it safe to send application with such balance on my bank statements or should i add funds to avoid showing overdraft amount?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:52 pm

You need to have a salary of 18.6K, so you will be fine and it does not matter if you are currently in the black or the red.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:19 am

If his wife already has leave as a PBS dependent applied for before 9th July then the new income limit will not apply.

Op how long has your wife had leave as tier 1 dependent?

shieldguy

Post by shieldguy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:04 pm

Hello I had the same case I was previously on tier 1 General now this August 2012 I got the ILR, in year 2010 my wife get the tier 1 General dependent visa she is living here on that status for last 1.5 years, Now I am applying on Flr(M) for her

I guess the new financial requirement dosent apply to her

Thanks

shieldguy

Post by shieldguy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Greenie I believe you are right and I didnt have to submit documents for the Financial requirement as well? please confirm

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:21 pm

You still have to meet the old financial requirement,just not the new one-s
you will need to provide evidence of your income etc as indicated on the form.

shieldguy

Post by shieldguy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:10 pm

Which section of the form you are talking about please mention the question no

nomibhai
Newly Registered

Post by nomibhai » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:56 am

shieldguy wrote:Which section of the form you are talking about please mention the question no
Thanks for the replies. The question i was asked is how long my wife has been on dependent visa.Well shes been here since Sep 2008 as dependent. My question is, if the old rules applies, do i need to have minimum balance in my bank account every month? Or HO only looks at how much salary was paid into the bank every month regardless of whether the balance was in positive or negative?

I will appreciate if someone can reply as i dont want to get the lawyers involved as had bad experiences with them and spent thousands of pounds.

nomibhai
Newly Registered

Maintenance funds for FLR(M) on old rules

Post by nomibhai » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:59 am

If the old rules applies for FLR(M), do i need to have minimum balance in my bank account every month? Or HO only looks at how much salary was paid into the bank every month regardless of whether the balance was in positive or negative?

I will appreciate if someone can reply.

geriatrix

Re: Maintenance funds for FLR(M) on old rules

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:29 pm

nomibhai wrote:If the old rules applies for FLR(M), do i need to have minimum balance in my bank account every month?
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nomibhai
Newly Registered

Re: Maintenance funds for FLR(M) on old rules

Post by nomibhai » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:41 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
nomibhai wrote:If the old rules applies for FLR(M), do i need to have minimum balance in my bank account every month?
No.
Thanks for the prompt reply. I will forward the application accordingly.