ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:31 pm

The wording of the COA is ambiguous on this point [the 6 months], which probably suits the UKBA in case it buys them a bit more time. Stick to your guns though. It's important that we don't chase too hard before 6 months unless absolutely necessary (diverts time from applications that are most deserving), but if it gets to 6 months since you applied, then chase hard, they are in breach.

samire
Newly Registered

Re: when does the 6months start?

Post by samire » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:39 pm

amie1231 wrote:Can anyone tell me this becuase i am a bit confused:
Does the 6 months start from the date they issued the COA or the date they received the application?

My time line is this;

Application posted: 14/06/2012
Application received by HO :18/06/2012
COA dated 19/09/2012 Received on 25/09/2012 2nd Class post
RC: ??????????
heyAmie

i think from the date they recieved the application , if u see in the COA u got if its like wht i got see in the back u gonna see (we expect to decide applications for RC or Permanent RC within 6 months from the date of application. ) so its from the date they recievd it

wallahu a3lam , salam

fabioflashuk
Newly Registered

Re: COA has arrived!!!

Post by fabioflashuk » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi mate..
Did u receive your RC yet?
We got similar dates hope we get it soon

Cheers
claudiouk wrote:Hi guys,
My COA has arrived yesterday! Feeling good!

13/10: COA arrived =) dated 08/10

fabioflashuk
Newly Registered

Post by fabioflashuk » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Hey mate

Did u receive ur RC yet?
We got similar dates, just wondering.. I think we should get it this week if we are lucky..!

Cheers
waki wrote:Received my COA today with the right to work and an appointment for NI was immediately made.I will appreciate any suggestion or advise in this regard.Secondly,No refference was made to my wife's eea1 application which i submitted with my Eea2 application.Any idea with the procedure please?

Application sent:7/8/2012
Application received:10/8/2012
Coa received :15/10/2012,dated 10/10/2012

Best of luck to everyone!!!

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:13 pm

Unfortunately, no news yet from my side either.
===================
EEA2 application sent: 22/07/2012
EEA2 Application received : 23/07/2012
Sent 1 letter and 1 phone call in mid-September
COA: 16/10/2012 (Dated 11th October 2012)
RC Recieved : 13/12/2012 (Dated 28/11/2012)

george80
Newly Registered

Post by george80 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:44 am

This has been a useful forum for me so thought Id add my timeline. I am currently on a tier 1 general (ex HSMP) applying as an unmarried partner.

EEA2 sent & received 19/9
COA recevied 18/10 - with right to continue to work stated on the letter
Passports requested 21/10 & received 30/10
ROC ????

WenSquare
Newly Registered

Post by WenSquare » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:31 am

george80 wrote:This has been a useful forum for me so thought Id add my timeline. I am currently on a tier 1 general (ex HSMP) applying as an unmarried partner.

ROC ????
Hi ya,

May i ask how did you request for your passport?

I called them around 16th Oct and was told this has to be done online using the form. I filled out the form and sent it to the email address on their website on 18th Oct.

However I still haven't received my passport yet. I have called UKBA 3 times and every single time I was told a different story.

First time was mid-week last week and the lady I spoke to was helpful and she was happy to check the status of request for me. She said it's been logged on the system however UKBA usually aims to send the documents within 5 working days so if I dont receive anything by Friday I could call again to check.

Unfortunately by the end of that week, my passport was still not returned therefore I called again. This time I was told it is not possible to check for me whether my request is logged or if the documents are returned.

During this second call, I was advised that as they can’t do anything to help me, the only thing I can do is to send another request and send it to RODRequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

I therefore sent out a second request last Friday and again didn’t receive any response.

This morning I made another call to UKBA and I was hoping someone could share some information with me. This time I was told, although earlier in the month some UKBA employee had been able to provide me with the details that my request had been logged, UKBA is not supposed to do so and they should only advise me to wait. The lady I spoke to this morning insisted that when it comes to document return request, communication has to be done online. I inquired of the estimate process time of 21 days as stated on UKBA’s website however she insisted that this is not a guidance and there is nothing they will be able to do over the phone for me in the future.

What she means is basically I shouldn’t call again even after 21 days.

:evil:

george80
Newly Registered

Post by george80 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:58 am

WenSquare wrote:
george80 wrote:This has been a useful forum for me so thought Id add my timeline. I am currently on a tier 1 general (ex HSMP) applying as an unmarried partner.

ROC ????
Hi ya,

May i ask how did you request for your passport?

I called them around 16th Oct and was told this has to be done online using the form. I filled out the form and sent it to the email address on their website on 18th Oct.

However I still haven't received my passport yet. I have called UKBA 3 times and every single time I was told a different story.

First time was mid-week last week and the lady I spoke to was helpful and she was happy to check the status of request for me. She said it's been logged on the system however UKBA usually aims to send the documents within 5 working days so if I dont receive anything by Friday I could call again to check.

Unfortunately by the end of that week, my passport was still not returned therefore I called again. This time I was told it is not possible to check for me whether my request is logged or if the documents are returned.

During this second call, I was advised that as they can’t do anything to help me, the only thing I can do is to send another request and send it to RODRequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

I therefore sent out a second request last Friday and again didn’t receive any response.

This morning I made another call to UKBA and I was hoping someone could share some information with me. This time I was told, although earlier in the month some UKBA employee had been able to provide me with the details that my request had been logged, UKBA is not supposed to do so and they should only advise me to wait. The lady I spoke to this morning insisted that when it comes to document return request, communication has to be done online. I inquired of the estimate process time of 21 days as stated on UKBA’s website however she insisted that this is not a guidance and there is nothing they will be able to do over the phone for me in the future.

What she means is basically I shouldn’t call again even after 21 days.

Hi Wensquare

I sent my passport request to RODRequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk as well as LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk both of these emails are on the website and Im not sure which one worked however someone else on this forum said to use the liverpooleuro one which i dont think is the one they tell you to use on the phone. all a bit confusing really but I would recomend sending another to the liverpooleuro address. When you send it you will get a reply saying they hope to send to you within 5 days

I also send them a return special delivery envelope.

good luck

andrea.starcevic
Newly Registered

Post by andrea.starcevic » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi guys, i sent a request of documents the 10th of this month to the euro liverpool email. Since nothing happened, I called them 2 days ago and asked what's going on. They said that they don't have any information whether my passport has been sent and suggested I should apply again, this time filling the form and using the ROD email. So my question is, who gan garantee that this time it'll work?!?!

george80
Newly Registered

Post by george80 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:16 pm

andrea.starcevic wrote:Hi guys, i sent a request of documents the 10th of this month to the euro liverpool email. Since nothing happened, I called them 2 days ago and asked what's going on. They said that they don't have any information whether my passport has been sent and suggested I should apply again, this time filling the form and using the ROD email. So my question is, who gan garantee that this time it'll work?!?!

Certainly worth sending it I think. Have you had your COA as this is obviously key for a document request as it provides a reference number. That said other posts have said that they have been successful in getting their passports back before they had their COA

andrea.starcevic
Newly Registered

Post by andrea.starcevic » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:31 pm

I suppose that's the problem. I recieved the coa the 13th of this month and requested the documents the 10th so i had no reference number. In the last request I sent I added the reference number. Let's see if it works. Another thing. I just called them again and they told me that if it doesn't come in 5 days , I should send the request again! And after another 5 days again! Whaaaaaat?!?!?

LondonEast
Newly Registered

Got my RC Card!

Post by LondonEast » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 am

Hi Guys!!!

Very happy as received my RC yesterday!!!!
Very soon after that COA week delivery, so I am sure that ppl who got the COA this month will get RC these days!

My complete timeline is:

EEA1_EEA2: First sent on the 22nd of May
Sent Back by HO: 4TH July
EEA1+EEA2: SENT ON 28TH AUGUST ( this was returning application with more documents)
COA: Dated 14th of October, Received on the 17th
RC: 31ST OF OCTOBER!!!

Very happy, time to plan our xmas trip!
Wish you all the best,
From this I learnt to be more patient, and I think I am more.

andrea.starcevic
Newly Registered

Post by andrea.starcevic » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:30 am

How did they send it? In the prepaid envelope?

fabioflashuk
Newly Registered

Excellent News..

Post by fabioflashuk » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:47 am

My COA arrived on 15th October, so Im expecting my RC to come anytime Soon :)

Congrats..

craxy1102

Re: Excellent News..

Post by craxy1102 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:54 pm

fabioflashuk wrote:My COA arrived on 15th October, so Im expecting my RC to come anytime Soon :)

Congrats..
I hope u are right my friend :)
===================

fabioflashuk
Newly Registered

No news ?

Post by fabioflashuk » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:32 pm

No good news today ? anyone ?

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:01 pm

nop :(
===================

ghirleeh_lim
Newly Registered

Post by ghirleeh_lim » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:00 pm

craxy1102 wrote:nop :(
My timeline

Eea2 received by HO 02. July 2012
COA recieved. 09.10.2012
RC. Still waiting
Sent request return of passport yesterday as I realised my husband and I is travelling in two weeks time.

galatie

Post by galatie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:40 pm

Got my visa yesterday!

Application received June 6th, COA received a few weeks later, residence card issued on October 17th, and delivered to me on November 02nd.

luckynvmbr
Newly Registered

Post by luckynvmbr » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi guys,

Here is my timeline:

EEA2 received by HO 11.07.2012
COA received 16.09.2012
RC received 02.11.2012

Called once to request CoA, staff was very helpful. That was the first week of September. From then on, it went pretty fast, it seems.

Was on EEA FP, expiring at the end of November.

Good luck to everybody waiting!

onthemoon
Newly Registered

RC Still Waiting

Post by onthemoon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:56 pm

Applied: 18 June 12
COA: 18 August 12 ,After Call them and send them e-mails
RC: Still Waiting,Call them But Cannot update me,because is not yet upto 6months ?

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:51 pm

Picked up my EEA2 RC at the post office today. Time elapsed to date of issue: 4 months 12 days.

EEA2 application sent 11 June
Application received by UKBA 12 June
Return of passports requested 13 June
COA received 19 June
Passports returned 20 June
EEA2 Residence Card issued 24 Oct
EEA2 Residence Card received 03 Nov

onthemoon
Newly Registered

Post by onthemoon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:31 pm

GMB wrote:Picked up my EEA2 RC at the post office today. Time elapsed to date of issue: 4 months 12 days.

COA received 19 June
HI FRIEND....................
AS U SAID U REQUESTED UR PASSPORT BACK,BUT I HEARED THAT WHEN U REQUEST PASSPORT BACK,IT AFFECT THE PROCESSING TIME,IS IT TRUE?
DID U GET RESIDENCE CARD ON A PAPER ?
THANKS

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:12 pm

onthemoon wrote:
GMB wrote:Picked up my EEA2 RC at the post office today. Time elapsed to date of issue: 4 months 12 days.

COA received 19 June
HI FRIEND....................
AS U SAID U REQUESTED UR PASSPORT BACK,BUT I HEARED THAT WHEN U REQUEST PASSPORT BACK,IT AFFECT THE PROCESSING TIME,IS IT TRUE?
DID U GET RESIDENCE CARD ON A PAPER ?

THANKS
As far as I can tell it had no effect on the processing time. In fact, it appears mine came slightly quicker than usual. I do think asking for the passports back caused the COA to come quicker than usual. I still have a valid Residence Permit that's good till late 2013, so as I've said before it almost seems that since I didn't 'need' the EEA2 RC, my application sailed through the system. The RC did come on a separate sheet (the ISD). Since my passport expires early next year, this was preferable to me anyway.

DennisB
Newly Registered

RC received!

Post by DennisB » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:14 am

Hi,

Big thanks to everyone who has offered advice to me and to all the posters whose feedback I've been following. It's helped immensely, with the process and my nerves.

FINALLY received passports + RC. Took about 5 months and 2 weeks.

Application made/received : May 23rd 2012
Called for COA in July but was just told to wait.
COA received, dated August 20th
October: called, no help
Sent email reminder, asking for RC + to passports, to passport return email address, NO reply: October 22nd
Called, no help.November.
Sent letter (copy of previous email) to the EU applications address: October 30th.
Received RC + passports: November 3rd (letter enclosed dated November 1st).

I'll check the RC and post the dates on it if that helps. but I think we have till mid October in 5 years time.

This was a Surinder Singh application. Made before they included a surinder singh page on the forms.

Thanks again and good luck everyone.