ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependent tier5 visa refused

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashardi76
Newly Registered

dependent tier5 visa refused

Post by ashardi76 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:49 am

Dear friends.
Hi there. I just received my Tier 5 TW (Govt Authorized Exchange) Migrant visa on 2nd November 2012, starting on the 30th November 2012 until 30th November 2014. However, both of my dependents Tier 5 TW Partner and Tier 5 TW Child visa were refused due to failure to provide maintenance fund evidence in form of personal cash funds.
Actually, I hereby seek your advice whether my dependents can travel with me on the 30th November 2012 and to get entry clearance as a tourist on visitor visa for about 2 months. Could you ask somebody that expert in immigration department regarding this matter? I will be travelling with my dependents on the 30th November 2012 from Kuala Lumpur to Manchester connecting via London Heathrow. Both of them are Malaysian, and as far I known Malaysian citizens are not a visa national so we can obtain tourist visa on arrival at the port/airport.
I plan to buy a return ticket for my dependents on 28 of January 2013, from Manchester to Kuala Lumpur in order for them to apply as fresh application for Tier 5-TW Partner and Tier 5-TW Child visa.
I admitted that I have misinterpreted the clause and I even have put this question to VFS Global (Malaysia) but they failed to advise me accordingly. During the application I only submitted the financial affidavit from my sponsor i.e. Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia and my employer i.e. Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, Malaysia which I believed was sufficient as a proof of my dependents maintenance fund evidence.
As soon as realized this situation, I had on the 2nd November 2012 banked in a required sum of GBP 1,200 for my dependents (the requirement is GBP 600 for each dependent) as maintenance fund. I can only apply a fresh application for Tier 5-TW Partner and Tier 5-TW Child visa for my dependents after 90 days of maturity of the maintenance fund. From my understanding the fresh application can be submitted by 4th February 2013 and my dependents can only join me by end of February 2013 which is troublesome to me as my dependents are really depended on me.

I understand that several requirements need to be fulfilled before entering the United Kingdom under visitor visa and I believed I have fulfilled the requirements:-

i. Sufficient fund.
I have an initial fund of GBP 6200 from Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia and Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris. After that my maintenance fund and my dependent maintenance fund will be banked in on monthly basis for the duration of my visa.
ii. Itinerary/Accommodation
From 30th November 2012 to 7th December 2012 I planned to stay at IHG hotel Liverpool Central and will be looking for a rented house during that period.
iii. Return ticket.
Two (2) return tickets from Manchester to Kuala Lumpur, as a proof that my dependents will return to Malaysia to apply for Tier 5-TW Partner and Tier 5-TW Child visa.
iv. Travel experience
My dependents especially my wife has already travelled to more than 12 countries, so it not the first time they go abroad.
Therefore, your help and advice on the chances of my dependents to get an entry clearance as a tourist on the visitor visa is really appreciated as the flight tickets have been booked and they are really depended on me. Leaving them behind is not the best option for me.
Hope to hear positively from you all

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: dependent tier5 visa refused

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:56 am

ashardi76 wrote: Actually, I hereby seek your advice whether my dependents can travel with me on the 30th November 2012 and to get entry clearance as a tourist on visitor visa for about 2 months.
I would suggest they apply for visit visas first (where they can explain their precise intentions) rather than risk refusal on arrival. They will be detained on arrival and they will be interviewed until a decision is made one way or the other on their suitability for visit entry.

ashardi76
Newly Registered

Re: dependent tier5 visa refused

Post by ashardi76 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:27 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
ashardi76 wrote: Actually, I hereby seek your advice whether my dependents can travel with me on the 30th November 2012 and to get entry clearance as a tourist on visitor visa for about 2 months.
I would suggest they apply for visit visas first (where they can explain their precise intentions) rather than risk refusal on arrival. They will be detained on arrival and they will be interviewed until a decision is made one way or the other on their suitability for visit entry.
Actually we (Malaysian) are from non visa country.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:35 pm

I know! But that does not change my opinion. The PBS dep. visa refusals are in the UKBA database and their arrival in the UK in light of this, to accompany you, will mean they are volunteering for a long interview at the airport as to their suitability for entry, with the very real possibility of refusal. It's best to deal with this in Malaysia before they travel.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=