ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to confirm Migrant change of Circumtances Form is in use

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shoma

How to confirm Migrant change of Circumtances Form is in use

Post by shoma » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:49 am

Hi
I have sent Migrant change of circumtances form with New COS to UKBA. i did not receieve any acknowledgement regarding that. What is the best way to check if UKBA are actually using the new details i have sent to them. If i give them a call will they not say that i will have to wait for 14 weeks before they can tell any thing regarding my application.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Thankyou

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:24 am

If don't think "Migrant change of circumstances" is the form to inform UKBA about change of CoS.

IMHO, it is a document to inform change in "personal circumstances", not changes relevant to validity or assessment of an "immigration application" (in this case it seems as a new CoS for a already submitted leave to remain application).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

shoma

Post by shoma » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:34 pm

sushdmehta wrote: IMHO, it is a document to inform change in "personal circumstances", not changes relevant to validity or assessment of an "immigration application" (in this case it seems as a new CoS for a already submitted leave to remain application).
In Guidance the form does not specifically say you should not use it for other than personal circumtances change. Also it states that we should tell ukba of anything that we think ukba should know using this form.

=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/site ... stanc2.pdf

From the form guidance:
When not to use this form
This form should not be used to notify the UK Border Agency of additional dependants (for example, children born in the United Kingdom). A separate application form is available for this purpose on the UK Border Agency website.
If the applicant believes that a mistake has been made relating to his/her personal details as shown on his/her UK Residence Permit or Bimetric Residence Permit (BRP) he/she should not complete this form. The applicant should return his/her passport and UK Residence Permit or BRP to the address shown on the letter that accompanied his/her documents when they were returned. The applicant should enclose full details of the mistake he/she believes has been made, and enclose any relevant evidence such as their original passport. If a mistake has been made, an amended UK Residence Permit or BRP will be issued.
The applicant may also use this form to notify the UK Border Agency of any other information that he/she thinks that we should know.
[/url]

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:58 pm

put it this way... its up to the discretion of caseworker.

but i would imagine that they will accept your CoC form 9 times out of 10 even if you provide them radically new information in it!

shoma

Post by shoma » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:05 am

arsenal49 wrote:put it this way... its up to the discretion of caseworker.

but i would imagine that they will accept your CoC form 9 times out of 10 even if you provide them radically new information in it!
Thankyou, what about my original question.. is there a way to check if the new details are in use

shoma

Post by shoma » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:29 pm

Any guidance on this one, is there a way to track if my correct details are being used after i sent MCC to UKBA

shoma

Post by shoma » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:37 am

shoma wrote:
arsenal49 wrote:put it this way... its up to the discretion of caseworker.

Thankyou, what about my original question.. is there a way to check if the new details are in use

Thanks Arsenal49

Luckly i was among the 9 and my HR department confirmed that new COS (mentioned on Change of Circumtances form) status is changed to used.

adnreika
Russia

Re: How to confirm Migrant change of Circumtances Form is in

Post by adnreika » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:57 pm

shoma wrote:Hi
I have sent Migrant change of circumtances form with New COS to UKBA. i did not receieve any acknowledgement regarding that. What is the best way to check if UKBA are actually using the new details i have sent to them. If i give them a call will they not say that i will have to wait for 14 weeks before they can tell any thing regarding my application.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Thankyou
Hi shoma! First of all, my congratulations! :)
May I ask you under which section you put the CoS in your Change Of Circumstances For - Personal details or Other?
Thanks.