ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 G extension passports returned with biometric letter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xzhuang
Newly Registered

Tier 2 G extension passports returned with biometric letter

Post by xzhuang » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:52 pm

Hiya,

I submitted my tier 2 (G) extension application on 6th of November. On 12nd of November I got a biometric enrol letter. The strange thing is on the same day I got a royal mail signed for letter that contains my passport. The cover letter says the passport is returned while my application is being processed.

I wonder is this normal? It seems to me for all the cases I know, the passport is only returned once the decision is made. How come UKBA returns my passport even before I enrol my biometric information?
Last edited by xzhuang on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xzhuang
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 (G) Renew -- passports returned with biometric le

Post by xzhuang » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:54 pm

BTW:

I made an online application and sent out the required documents with a covering letter generated by the online system.

I am currently in the UK under tier 2 (G) visa.
xzhuang wrote:Hiya,

I submitted my tier 2 (G) renew application on 6th of November. On 12th of November I got a biometric enrol letter. The strange thing is on the same day I got a royal mail signed for letter that contains my passport. The cover letter says the passport is returned while my application is being processed.

I wonder is this normal? It seems to me for all the cases I know, the passport is only returned once the decision is made. How come UKBA returns my passport even before I enrol my biometric information?