ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport Application Old non British passports

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ric1982
Member of Standing

British Passport Application Old non British passports

Post by ric1982 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:05 am

Hi,

I have read in the FAQ that you need to send the passport which has EC stamp. In my case this passport is cancelled. (i.e. expired and edges were trimmed). Do I still need to send this passport with the application?

Also for the confirmation I am sending following documents as original.
- Naturalization certificate
- Current Non British passport (without any stamps)
- (If suggested by users on the forum) Expired Non British Passport which has its edge trimmed. (with All Stamps including Entry Clearance)

I am using Check and Send of post office. Do you know if I need to book an appointment?

Thanks,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:59 am

You should sent the passport you entered with together with the application (even if cancelled) although this is not very clear from the guide and will not affect the application if you don't.

Take it with you when you walk into the Post Office (no booking required. It is just a normal counter service although not all post offices offer it). The PO staff might decide to send it or not. Don't worry if they tell you it is not required.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:50 am

Jambo wrote:You should sent the passport you entered with together with the application (even if cancelled) although this is not very clear from the guide and will not affect the application if you don't.

Take it with you when you walk into the Post Office (no booking required. It is just a normal counter service although not all post offices offer it). The PO staff might decide to send it or not. Don't worry if they tell you it is not required.
Thanks for the quick reply. I got another question regarding filling the application form. In the parent's details section, I have put the spelling of my mother's name a bit different to the one on my (current non British) passport. How do I correct this? (if I do need to correct this). or can I leave it as it is. Both my parents are non British and I got BC by naturalization.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:47 am

I would fill in a new form just to be on the safe side.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:52 am

Jambo wrote:I would fill in a new form just to be on the safe side.
Thats what I thought but I have got referee's signature and everything which I have to do it again. Unfort. referee is another town...

Just to give you a little background..

The spelling I got on the application form is from my mum's passport (which I am not going to send with the application form) and not from my Non British Passport (which I am going to send with the application form)

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Just to update:

I have sent the application anyway after talking to IPS over the phone. They advised that they need these details for the naturalization verification. As I already am providing the certificate of naturalization, it does not matter much.

Lets see...