ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment booked but lost all documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Timt
Newly Registered

PEO appointment booked but lost all documents

Post by Timt » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:49 am

Hi there..

I am really desperate.. I lost all my documents ( not passports Thankgoodness) in the train yesterday.

These include

Life in the uk tests
P60
Payslips
Bank statements
Letter from employer
Utility bills to show cohabitation etc.

I have a appointment at PEO on 18th DEC. Should i cancel that and apply by post , my visa ends on 7 th Jan 2013

Any advice would be helpful

Tim

Timt
Newly Registered

Post by Timt » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:47 am

I have a few other questions..

I work for the same company for 5 years so the a friend from the payroll said that he could provide attested payslips, letters immedately. Would this suffice.

With regard to p60, my company has being providing eP60 for the past 3 years, so i can get attested copy of the same. For the first 2 years i have already provided the p60 along with application of tier 1 extension. So can i mention this to home office in my covering letter

Also me and my wife have a joint bank account.. If i apply for copiesof bank statement now , it would come as one single statement for the past 2 years.. Is this fine or would home office want month on month statements to prove cohabitation?

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:41 am

sorry to hear about your loss. I would make a police complaint for the lost bag. attach this with your application. so that they understand why u have less co-habitation docs. p60s are not must as i have assumed u r on tier 1. u shld be fine. just retake life in uk test!
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

uktraveller.030209
Newly Registered

Re: PEO appointment booked but lost all documents

Post by uktraveller.030209 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:10 am

The first thing you must do is lodge a FIR with the local police about the lost documents (even if you have not lost your passport and/or biometric permit). If and when you submit your application and submit photocopies, you will be asked for police incident reference number by Home office.

This answer is not based on any response from any applicant who has applied successfully or unsuccessfully over last 24 months

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:29 am

uktraveller.030209 wrote:The first thing you must do is lodge a FIR with the local police about the lost documents (even if you have not lost your passport and/or biometric permit). If and when you submit your application and submit photocopies, you will be asked for police incident reference number by Home office.

This answer is not based on any response from any applicant who has applied successfully or unsuccessfully over last 24 months
Why are you replying to a post from 2012??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

uktraveller.030209
Newly Registered

Post by uktraveller.030209 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:58 pm

- to CR001 Why are you replying to a post from 2012??
i understand your concern about replying to dead posts but, people generally come around searching to this site through Google... some answers always help someone else...