ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Contract for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

saw87
Newly Registered

Employment Contract for Spouse Visa

Post by saw87 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:07 pm

I'm currently collecting the necessary documents to apply for a spouse visa for my Non-EU partner and I just have a question regarding the original employment contract which is required...

I started working at my company 8.5 years ago when I was 16 years old. At the time I was an Apprentice Admin Assistant earning very little. However since then I've been promoted a number of times and now my current role / salary far exceeds the minimum requirement. However I don't recall signing an updated contract each time I was promoted. The terms such as working hours, holidays etc stayed the same but obviously the role and salary changed. So do I submit the original contract I signed in 2004 or do I need to ask my employer to prepare a new contract for my current role?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

John

Post by John » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:09 pm

I do not think you necessarily need the employer to draw up a new contract, but a letter from them confirming that you are still employed, your current job title, and current salary, could assist.

Then submit that letter with the original Contract of Employment.
John

saw87
Newly Registered

Post by saw87 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks for your reply John, yes i will also be getting a letter from my employer confirming title, gross salary, length of service, permanent contract etc so hopefully that will be sufficient.