ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

documents needed to apply for irish passport as a nigerian

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kike
Newly Registered

documents needed to apply for irish passport as a nigerian

Post by kike » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:48 pm

hello everyone, i need help with this questions. i am a nigerian who recently got approval for naturalisation and i will be going for the december 13 ceremony. I would like to apply for my irish passport straight away, but i was told by other nigerian people that i need an attestation for my birth certificate. my birth certificate was issued in 1991 by the nigerian population commission. It was issued under the decree of 1979, do i need an attestation for this.

rlow68

Re: documents needed to apply for irish passport as a nigeri

Post by rlow68 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:55 pm

kike wrote:hello everyone, i need help with this questions. i am a nigerian who recently got approval for naturalisation and i will be going for the december 13 ceremony. I would like to apply for my irish passport straight away, but i was told by other nigerian people that i need an attestation for my birth certificate. my birth certificate was issued in 1991 by the nigerian population commission. It was issued under the decree of 1979, do i need an attestation for this.
yes, it will be done at the Nigerian Embassy Ireland, they need to certify it only if not the Passport authority will not accept it. if you were born by 1979 upwards I believe it will be easier. Good Luck

kike
Newly Registered

Post by kike » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:32 pm

thanks!!!

Ayomide101
Newly Registered

Re: documents needed to apply for irish passport as a nigeri

Post by Ayomide101 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:30 pm

Hey there, I am Nigerian and about to apply for my irish naturalization and I have misplaced my birth certificate. I went to the Nigerian commission office in Lagos and they won't issue me a new birth certificate like the misplaced one, instead they gave me a certified letter of birth. Will I still be able to submit this with my application instead of a long form birth certificate.