ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU citizen (Latvian) wants to work in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Timiana
Newly Registered

EU citizen (Latvian) wants to work in Ireland

Post by Timiana » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:59 pm

Hi there! I would need an advice from anybody European. I would like to go to Ireland and search for work. I worked in recruitment (Recruitment Consultant) for the last 1 year in UAE, Abu Dhabi as well as Sales manager in 5 star hotel in Latvia. Is there anything (any docs) I have to prepare in order to search for work there. Where it would be better to find a job? Or I can just come, rent a flat and search for job. Sorry, I sound crazy - but I don't know anyone in Ireland and never immigrated for job.
Pls. help and thank you for any advice

John

Post by John » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:08 pm

The obvious question is .. why Ireland?

Surely it would be easier to move to the UK, given that because of the Worker Registration Scheme applying to the A8 nationals, you know you can work.

During this transitional period after the A8 countries joined the EU, you would need a Work Permit to work in Ireland at the moment.
John

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:09 pm

Timiana you will certainly get a higher salary in Ireland than in the UK. But its also a bit more expensive generally speaking. As far as I know you don't need to register and you would be able to work on the same basis as any other EU citizen with the exception of Romanians and Bulgarians

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:47 am

John wrote: During this transitional period after the A8 countries joined the EU, you would need a Work Permit to work in Ireland at the moment.
As far as I am aware the Republic of Ireland opened its labour market to the new EU states in 2004.

joker
Ireland

Re: EU citizen (Latvian) wants to work in Ireland

Post by joker » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:55 am

The economy is on the floor , unemployment through the roof so why not UK?