ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

set(m) spouse to ILR - PEO experience (failed, need advice)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

helloworld
Newly Registered

set(m) spouse to ILR - PEO experience (failed, need advice)

Post by helloworld » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:34 am

My wife and I went to Glasgow peo today (8th jan) and waited for over one hour after apintment time before got called. The officer started by asking all the documents and looked cover letter which we include to show a summary of days outside the UK. Then he said we need to send application by post because my wife spent over 6 months outside of the uk. Although I explained the reaons for absence and argued there is no limited days outside UK, he said he knows that there is no limit on time spent outside UK, but peo service is for straightforward cases and I didn't have sufficient document to cover the period outside UK. (Although i included the reasons with document and supporting letter from employer and family, he didn't even to bother look at it).

He also said he is doing my favour to not charge my money today because if I insist to process my application today it will get rejected.

Here is my wife's situation:
1. Spouse visa granted in the UK on 3rd Feb 2011
2. Was out of UK from March 2011 to October 2011. Over 6months.
3. She was going through hospital treatment and followup treatment during that period
4. I was there accompany her and we lived together at my parents

Docemnts we submitted:
In addition to all required ones, I got one hand written letter .from my mum to say that we are living her house during that time. Another letter from my employer yo say that I was having to go back to my country to accompany my wife and allowed me to work remotely during that period.

I also translated all hospital discharge summary as well. I did this by myself and didn't use certified translators. (peo office said I need to do that, but I don't think that would help if I had those today)

Does anyone have such experience or advices?

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:06 am

Anyone's experience is not going to help you right now.
Sometimes people have success and sometimes failure on peo appointments when there are access absences.

But, UKBA makes it clear, and it gets mentioned in forum regularly that only straightforward cases should go to PEO. Having excess absences is not a straightforward case. You should have applied by post in the first place.

electrical
Newly Registered

Same Experience - 2 months outside UK

Post by electrical » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:49 am

could you please suggest I have appoitoment in Glasgow next month for my wife SET (M).

she is outside uk 2 months past 2 years? Is there any trouble for ILR visa? Can I apply PEO or postal?

asim72 wrote:Anyone's experience is not going to help you right now.
Sometimes people have success and sometimes failure on peo appointments when there are access absences.

But, UKBA makes it clear, and it gets mentioned in forum regularly that only straightforward cases should go to PEO. Having excess absences is not a straightforward case. You should have applied by post in the first place.

asim72
BANNED

Re: Same Experience - 2 months outside UK

Post by asim72 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:44 am

electrical wrote:could you please suggest I have appoitoment in Glasgow next month for my wife SET (M).

she is outside uk 2 months past 2 years? Is there any trouble for ILR visa? Can I apply PEO or postal?

asim72 wrote:Anyone's experience is not going to help you right now.

No such problems with set (m) applications. Go to PEO appointment. You do not need to submit any clarification for the absence you have mentioned.

atikhonee

Do you think that my case is straight forward

Post by atikhonee » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:47 pm

I am going to apply for my ILR next month at PEO Glasgow. Some people made me worried as my wife receive, housing, council, child benefits and child tax credit. i have declared my income to the council. all the benefits comes with my wife name. i have never received any benefit. we got 3 kids, 2 adults and one is school going.

does i will have any problem at PEO in such situation