ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant Visa after main applicant got ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Tier 1 Dependant Visa after main applicant got ILR

Post by Babajee85 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:20 pm

Hi all,

Please can someone guide me in the following scenario,what is the best possible option.

I am going to apply for ILR at PEO appointment on 14th December 2012 in Croydon.I am going to apply ILR as ( HSMP + Tier 1 General-5 Year Route).

My wife and daughter joined me as Tier 1 General Dependant in 5th April 2012.So They are not fulfilling two years qualifying period.They have visa till 22nd December 2012.

So i was thinking to apply for my Wife as PBS Dependant-Further Leave to Remain once i got my ILR on 14th Dec.Her visa is expring on 22nd December 2012.So i though i will post her application as PBS Dependant.

But today i called UKBA and they made me confused now by saying my wife can apply as PBS Dependant once we both apply at the same time.

either by post or PEO. But if we apply together at the same time.

Otherise i need to apply for my wife as FLR(M) application of a settled person.

I am worrying a lot now because if need to apply for FLR(M) they she needs to pass english test and time is running out.Its very hard to get any test date.

So the big question is for me now as below:

I cannot apply for my wife (postal application or PEO) on 15th or any date later till her visa validity as further leave on the PBS Dependant application form after i got my ILR on 14th Dec 2012. ??

Please help

Thanks

geriatrix

Re: Tier 1 Dependant Visa after main applicant got ILR

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:39 pm

Babajee85 wrote:I cannot apply for my wife (postal application or PEO) on 15th or any date later till her visa validity as further leave on the PBS Dependant application form after i got my ILR on 14th Dec 2012. ??
Yes, your wife can.

Include the child in your settlement application as a dependant.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Dependant Visa after main applicant got ILR

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:25 am

sushdmehta wrote:
Babajee85 wrote:I cannot apply for my wife (postal application or PEO) on 15th or any date later till her visa validity as further leave on the PBS Dependant application form after i got my ILR on 14th Dec 2012. ??
Yes, your wife can.

Include the child in your settlement application as a dependant.
Thanks for the reply !

Please can you post any link or rule number from UKBA immigration policy which states that i am eligible to apply for my wife as PBS Dependant extension while i have already got ILR as PBS economic Migrant.

So if i post her application then it means that my wife does not need to pass any English test ..right sir ?

Thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:38 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:14 am

sushdmehta wrote:319C and 319D
so in the Case of 319c the following highligted text fullfile the requirement:Please varify i have got the right understanding.

(b) The applicant must be the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a person who:

(i) has valid leave to enter or remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or

(ii) is, at the same time, being granted entry clearance or leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or

(iii) has indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or is, at the same time being granted indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, where the applicant is applying for further leave to remain and was last granted leave:

319D

319D. Period and conditions of grant

(a) (i) Entry clearance or limited leave to remain will be granted for a period which expires on the same day as the leave granted to the Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or

(ii) If the Relevant Points-Based System Migrant has indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or is, at the same time being granted indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or where the Relevant Points-Based System Migrant has since become a British Citizen, leave to remain will be granted to the applicant for a period of 3 years.

1 : So the above bold points in 319c and 319d justify that i can apply for my wife even by post later on after getting my ILR . ?

Am i right ? Please confirm

Thanks

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:27 am

Hello mate...

My ILR approved week before(Tier1 + HSMP) and my wife application as PBS dependent was yesterday..Everything went smooth and she got visa within 2 hour....
Do not worry, you can apply as i checked this twice with case worke when i went for ILR.

Thanks

chagan

Post by chagan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:24 am

currydixon wrote:Hello mate...

My ILR approved week before(Tier1 + HSMP) and my wife application as PBS dependent was yesterday..Everything went smooth and she got visa within 2 hour....
Do not worry, you can apply as i checked this twice with case worke when i went for ILR.

Thanks
Hi there,

Would that make any difference wether you apply FLR(M) or PBS dependant?
What documents did you submitted?
I have got my appoitments booked for ILR on 22nd november and then after a week i have booked appointment for my wife for FLR(M)? Is that correct way of doing or her visa expires as soon as I get my ILR.
Our visa expires on the same day 19th December 2012

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:29 am

Helllo mate..

I filled FLR(M) but when i went to PEO for my appointment i confirmed 2 times with 2 different case worker and they both asked me to fill Tier 1,2 and 5 extension form not FLR(M).
And ier 1,2 and 5 extension form is simpler then FLR(M).
To be stay safe side i carried FLR(M) filled along with Tier 1,2 and 5 extension form.
BUT I submitted Tier 1,2 and 5 extension form...and all went smooth. Only need to show them 3 month maitance, few cohabitate docs..

thnx

chagan

Post by chagan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:44 am

currydixon wrote:Helllo mate..

I filled FLR(M) but when i went to PEO for my appointment i confirmed 2 times with 2 different case worker and they both asked me to fill Tier 1,2 and 5 extension form not FLR(M).
To be stay safe side i carried FLR(M) filled along with Tier 1,2 and 5 extension form.
BUT I submitted Tier 1,2 and 5 extension form...and all went smooth. Only need to show them 3 month maitance, few cohabitate docs..

thnx
Thanks Currydixon

chagan

Post by chagan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:33 pm

chagan wrote:

thnx
Thanks Currydixon

Which PEO you went for you wife's visa?

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:04 pm

thnx
Thanks mate for sahring your experince !

Can i ask you few questions :

1:So even if i apply by post as PBS Tier 1,2 and 5 extension form. There should not be any problem while i have got already ILR.
So no need to apply together by post or at PEO. ?

2:What did you show for co-habitation documents.I have no bills because my rent is inclusive all.So please advise what should i submit apart from joint bank statment.

3:Do my wife need any english test for the above application

Please advise thanks

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:17 pm

If you applying by post, please make sure make clear cover letter metioning that why your wife applying on Tier 1,2 and 5 extension. that will help case worker to understand the clear reason.

2nd cohabitation. Put max you can....even if something arrived to your wife name on same address add in..

joint name
bank statment
tennancy agreement ( you can ask whereever you leave)
NHS letter( i did not include) but i went NHS and chcked they can create one for u...
individual pay slips.
P60s
P45

whtever you have which can prove address.just add up..it wont harm..

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:25 pm

currydixon wrote:If you applying by post, please make sure make clear cover letter metioning that why your wife applying on Tier 1,2 and 5 extension. that will help case worker to understand the clear reason.

2nd cohabitation. Put max you can....even if something arrived to your wife name on same address add in..

joint name
bank statment
NHS letter( i did not include) but i went NHS and chcked they can create one for u...
individual pay slips.
P60s
P45

Thanks for your reply.

If need to book PEO what service should i select while booking the appoinment

Tier 1 PBS Dependant ???? right

chagan

Post by chagan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:47 pm

currydixon wrote:If you applying by post, please make sure make clear cover letter metioning that why your wife applying on Tier 1,2 and 5 extension. that will help case worker to understand the clear reason.

joint name
bank statment
individual pay slips.
P60s
P45

Which PEO you went for your wife's visa?

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:10 pm

joint name
bank statment
individual pay slips.
P60s
P45

Did your wife submitt any english test ?????
Do they need it as PBS Dependant extension application?

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:26 pm

english test not required for Tier 1 dependent visa....and as i told when i booked appointment i selected FLR(M)..but went for Tier 1 application. No one objected.

Personally i believe all understand recent FLR(M) and PBS extension mess, so it does not matter...

nurul
Newly Registered

Post by nurul » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Hi All,

I have been going through this thread which is more or less related to my case.I would like to know if its possible for the wife to apply for Tier-1 extension while I apply for my ILR the same time or would she need to wait for me to get the ILR and then apply for the Tier-1 extension.

I don't exactly get what's the purpose of FLR(M) and all if it's easy to go through the extension route. This would save the burden of meeting the english language requirement if the english language test cannot be taken. What would the benefits of applying FLR(M) be?Will applying on Tier-1 extension have any impact on the future ILR application?

Thank you all for your help.

Thanks

allgo

Post by allgo » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:32 pm

well asked Nurul.
even I am confused. So if a current tier 1 dependent can extend his/her visa even when the main applicant gets ILR and then completes 2 years and then goes for SET(O) then when is the English Language requirement actually needed? Btw I have taken the life in UK test which is mandatory for ILR and that does mention it to be an accepted letter for English Language eligibility. Hence that may be a reason - that by the time one goes for ILR they anyways need to do Life In Uk test.

mods can you kindly confirm? Apologies for hijacking the thread

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:23 pm

joint name
bank statment
individual pay slips.
P60s
P45

what is NHS Letter for dependant?

Is it the GP Medical Card or something special.How to get one ?

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:14 am

Go to your GP ,ask for letter for proof of residence for yourself and spouse.
They will charge you some amount (I paid £20 each) and provide the letter with your name and address and address of GP with NHS number and also since when you are registered with them

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:57 pm

ilrdep wrote:Go to your GP ,ask for letter for proof of residence for yourself and spouse.
They will charge you some amount (I paid £20 each) and provide the letter with your name and address and address of GP with NHS number and also since when you are registered with them

Can please anyone tell what to answer for the question M5 in PBS Dependant Form after the main applicant has got the ILR..

Thx

rk_confused
Newly Registered

Post by rk_confused » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:07 pm

C4- Your ilr reference no

F1- Your wife's ref no if applicable, we didn't had one

M2 & M5 - dependent on M1 ; if no then M4 else M2

Regards

rk_confused
Newly Registered

Post by rk_confused » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:08 pm

Add to that

I only showed maintenance requirement and no cohabitation documents

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:29 pm

rk_confused wrote:Add to that

I only showed maintenance requirement and no cohabitation documents
Thanks for the reply.

Actually I need to apply for my wife dependant visa.I have got the approval letter but not the BRP yet.Her visa will get expire on 24th December 2012.There is weekend ahead as well.so should i apply her application with my passport copy and original approval letter.

Can i apply on Monday and when next two days are public holidays

Please advise me because i have time till friday.

Thanks

na2316

Post by na2316 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:30 am

Hi Babajee85,

Can you please update if every thing went well and your wife got the visa as PBS dependent after you got ILR

Thanks