ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed but.........

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tdoubleoni14

Appeal Allowed but.........

Post by tdoubleoni14 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi, I had my appeal allowed and understand the Home Office has 5 working days to appeal the decision. By my calculations, we are now into the 6th day but I have been told severally that there's still a chance they can lodge an out of time appeal.

My question is if the instruction is 5 days ,which if the shoe was on the other foot, I will have to abide by also, when can I finally be sure the appeal will and cannot be challenged, and move onto the next stage of expecting my documents( being that it was never returned so praying for an exceptionally quick turnaround time)...

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Give them a week.I don't think they will attempt to lodge an out of time appeal.

You can always phone the tribunal to check whether they have lodged an appeal.

Don't hope for a quick turn around.......it took me almost 4 months to get my papers and i had to involve my mp.

katya_s
Newly Registered

Post by katya_s » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:25 pm

peppekalle wrote:
Don't hope for a quick turn around.......it took me almost 4 months to get my papers and i had to involve my mp.
Completely agree with the previous poster - do not hope for a quick turn around. I waited 3.5 months to get my documents back and had to involve 2 MPs, otherwise it probably would have taken even longer. If anything really depends on you getting your documents sooner rather than later, e.g. you have a job offer or need to travel due to family circumstances, then involve MP straight away!