ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple Tier-2 applications

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ajaymalik1980
Newly Registered

Multiple Tier-2 applications

Post by ajaymalik1980 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:40 pm

Hello Experts,

Apologies if this topic has been discussed before.

I am currently working in UK since April 2012 on Tier-2 Employee sponsored visa. Recently I was offered a role with new company "A" with higher salary and they are willing to sponser me. Infact they have completed RLMT and will initiate the application process with the UK border agency this week. One week back a different company "B" offered me even higher salary and is also willing to sponser me.

Now I wanted to know if it will be an issue at UK BA when two different companies apply at the same time for a single candidate. Will the UK BA reject any of the applications ? or it is acceptable.

Any pointers will be helpfull.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ajay

IgorSHCH
Newly Registered

Post by IgorSHCH » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:01 pm

I don't think you can have two CoSs issued to one person.

ajaymalik1980
Newly Registered

Post by ajaymalik1980 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:52 pm

So does that mean the second application will be rejected ?

Regards,

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:56 pm

If you decided to to take up the job offer of company B tell company A that you changed your mind and no longer wish to work for them. Ask them to withdraw the CoS.

How to do this is explined here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

ajaymalik1980
Newly Registered

Post by ajaymalik1980 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:47 am

Thanks Manci for your kind reply.

My basic doubt still remains , can Company A and Company B apply at the same time for my cos. Will it be accepted by UK BA and cos be granted to both companies ?

If the cos are granted to both in that case ,as u suggested I can ask company A to withdraw the cos and work for company B.

Many thanks..

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:01 am

you cannot have 2 concurrent CoSs.

I'm not sure what happens if a sponsor attempts to put a CoS on the system while there is already a valid unused one there by another sponsor for the same person- it may be rejected immediately or only later when the checking service comes to look at it. Or it may throw the spanner into the works and the first may also be jeopardised.

You need to make up your mind what you want to do - cannot ride two horses at the same time!

ajaymalik1980
Newly Registered

Post by ajaymalik1980 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:33 am

Thanks Manci....this answers all my questions

Regards