ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent question regarding six month validity of passport

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tintin11
Newly Registered

urgent question regarding six month validity of passport

Post by tintin11 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:55 pm

I hold uk refugee travel document
the exipre date of my travel document is march 2013 and this is my only travel document

My name was also selected in dv 2013 and my visa is now ready and send my travel document but they told me I need to send a new travel document because the passport should be valid for at least 6 month

But because it is a refugee travel document it is not in my hand to extend or apply for a new travel document and after march 2013 uk border agency will go through my case again and will issue me indifinte leave to remain and then I can apply for a new travel document. This process may take about 4 to 8 month and by that time my DV visa will be no longer valid

I have sent them an email and waiting for their response but if they say no I really don't know what to do.

Do you have any suggestions or recommendation for me?

Do you think how helpful it is if a lawyer contact them?

I am really shocked and depressed . I have talked with a few lawyers before and they all told me they know this kind of travel documents are different and it is not possible to renew them
But unfortuantely their answer was no

I greatly appreciate your help :(

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: urgent question regarding six month validity of passport

Post by Marco 72 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:37 pm

I don't know the answer to your specific problem, but my advice is to post on the following forum, which has higher traffic, and whose users include some US immigration lawyers:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Good luck.