ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is ILR required for uk born kids

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

himpa

Post by himpa » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:16 pm

hello,
i have a query, i am in tier 2 and will apply for my ILR alongg with my wife, my kids are born in UK, do they need to apply for ILR?

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:42 pm

Kids don't necessarily need to apply for ILR as they can straight away after your ILR be naturalised as British citizens.

U and ur wife have to apply.

If you don't have immediate travel plans then not applying for kids ILR is the best alternative.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

himpa

Post by himpa » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:26 pm

thanks but while we will have valid visa status via ILR, can kids stay without Visa in that case...currently they have got Indian passport and born in UK.

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Is ILR required for uk born kids

Post by yasa » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:30 pm

himpa wrote:thanks but while we will have valid visa status via ILR, can kids stay without Visa in that case...currently they have got Indian passport and born in UK.
Yes they can as they are not in breach of any visa condition.
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================