ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit -> intra-company transfer... Can I apply for

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bigbozz
Newly Registered

Work Permit -> intra-company transfer... Can I apply for

Post by Bigbozz » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:25 pm

Hello everyone,

I came to London to work in jun-2008 via a company sponsored work permit. It has been renewed once since that time, and then when my company renewed it again last year it became an "intra-company transfer" visa... I am about to hit the 5yr line in 4 months... Am I eligible to apply for the ILR even though I currently hold an "intra-company transfer" visa? I have been working with same company for all that time and am still employed with them. Please advise.

Gagan1986

Re: Work Permit -> intra-company transfer... Can I apply

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:32 pm

Bigbozz wrote:Hello everyone,

I came to London to work in jun-2008 via a company sponsored work permit. It has been renewed once since that time, and then when my company renewed it again last year it became an "intra-company transfer" visa... I am about to hit the 5yr line in 4 months... Am I eligible to apply for the ILR even though I currently hold an "intra-company transfer" visa? I have been working with same company for all that time and am still employed with them. Please advise.
Yes you will be eligible to apply 28 days before the completion of your full 5 years subject to if you pass all the other requirements

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:32 pm

Yes
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Bigbozz
Newly Registered

Post by Bigbozz » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Wow... Thanks for the prompt reply :)