ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa application Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kharala
Newly Registered

Spouse visa application Pakistan

Post by Kharala » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:30 am

Hi everyone.
Can someone please tell me from experience how strict the ukba have become in enforcing thier rules.
I have had many people tell stories about how they don't leave a stone unturned. Everyone has their own story but I need to know the reality. I will apply for my wife soon Insha Allah.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:26 am

Very - plenty of stories here for people narrowly missing requirements in the rules - what's your specific worry and perhaps we can help?

Kharala
Newly Registered

Post by Kharala » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:16 am

Ok. All her paperwork is done in pakistan.

What worries me:
I got married in june 2012. Went to see her again during new year holidays. I rarely went out with her because of certain situations. My friends lived in A hotel whom I paid for off my card. 2-3 big payments went out during my holiday. I dont have pictures of her with me in that hotel. I had some with her in our village and some outside.

I used to get cash in hand. We changed to bank transfer. 1st payment went on 6th of the month, second went on 5th (next day was a holiday so this one was ok because we have a valid reason) third was on the 8th. I still have a few more months to go.
How does this look so far.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:33 am

You'll need to show contact between you while you've been apart..letters, emails, telephone calls etc.

Kharala
Newly Registered

Post by Kharala » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:49 am

That i have. What about the bank statements issue.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:17 pm

If you can submit 6 months of statements showing salary it shouldn't be a problem. I'm assuming that all of the statements will show sufficient to meet the minimum annual earnings of £18,600. The calculation is made on the lowest monthly earnings and multiplied by 12.

Kharala
Newly Registered

Post by Kharala » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:24 pm

It is on £19000. I receive above 1350 every month. My issue is of the slightly irregular date that my wages were payed in. Please see my previous relpies

Thanks.

ID29

Re: Spouse visa application Pakistan

Post by ID29 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Kharala wrote:Can someone please tell me from experience how strict the ukba have become in enforcing thier rules.
The UKBA would argue they've always been strict but of course under previous rules they were allowed to make judgements or allowances for some parts of the application. Now, they work to a strict set of criteria... in many cases it's simply a matter of a yes or no check list, with no allowances. For example on income. Either your application meets the minimum requirement or it doesn't. Having said that, it makes the application process fairer and much easier to predict the outcome.

As for the checking of evidence, they are getting tougher on this and especially so for applications made from certain countries - of which Pakistan is one. Provide you supply adequate and valid documentation to back-up your application you shouldn't have a problem.

On the issue concerning differing 'pay dates', don't worry. Few people get paid on the same day every month. Your payslips will show each months pay and the corresponding bank statement will show it reaching your account. It really won't matter if it varies by a few days each month.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:46 pm

I agree with ID29

Kharala
Newly Registered

Post by Kharala » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:07 pm

Thanks ID29.

Like I mentioned before, I used to get cash in hand before and we only started this bank transfers in September. I have another account which I used to make direct debit statements with before I started using this account. Upon the advice of a stupid individual I got together my saving along with I was owed my collegues and friends and placed it into the account as BIG lump sums. I have heard that they reject your case straight away if you place Lump sums into the account but I did not know that at the time. I thought it was a good thing to prove that I had savings. How can that play out?

ID29

Post by ID29 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:02 pm

Kharala wrote:... I got together my saving along with I was owed my collegues and friends and placed it into the account as BIG lump sums. I have heard that they reject your case straight away if you place Lump sums into the account...
That's not really true.

If you're relying on your income only then the savings don't matter. Although it won't harm your application to show you do have some savings.

Where the UKBA do get suspicious is when people rely on savings to qualify and those savings 'mysteriously appear' from somewhere. If you need to use your savings for this purpose you'll have to prove exactly where the money has come from and that you have free use of those funds... this is why they no longer allow family/friends to loan you the money.

How do you explain your savings? Put simply, you don't need to. If they are in your current account and have been for some time when you submit your application then the bank statements you send the UKBA will simply show a nice healthy balance. I wouldn't draw the UKBA's attention to the savings element unless you need to. If you have only recently deposited these funds just briefly explain within your covering letter where these amounts came from... eg. repayment of loans and bank account consolidation etc.

So to recap. If your income meets the requirements then you don't need to explain your savings. Don't be tempted to complicate your case by doing so. If however your income falls short of the requirements AND you need to use your savings to meet the requirements you WILL need to show how you acquired those funds.

Kharala
Newly Registered

Post by Kharala » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Thank you. You guys are really helpig me resolve my worries. I really appreciate it.
I have been advised to submit more than 6 months to cover the days the amounts went in. Would they check the dates before the submitted 6 months. Lets say they ask for the months prior to the ones submitted. What are the chances?

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:29 pm

Casa wrote:If you can submit 6 months of statements showing salary it shouldn't be a problem. I'm assuming that all of the statements will show sufficient to meet the minimum annual earnings of £18,600. The calculation is made on the lowest monthly earnings and multiplied by 12.
Hi Casa- I may apply for a spouse visa soon from pak. I was not aware of this rule i.e. the minimum monthly earnings are taken and X 12. I have recently changed jobs(I am on ILR) and in between changing jobs- I was given half a month's salary by my previous employer. The remaining I was paid by my new employer. i.e. for 2 weeks employer A(the old emp) paid me for and for 1 week employer B(the new emp) paid me. Both combined are above the 18,600 mark but not emp B individually as it's just for a week. My previous salary and current salary are all well above 18,600. Am I correct in assuming that the whole monthly salary be taken into account and not the individual week's salary of emp B.

I also am in a very similar situation as the OP. I haven't really met the girl(in this day and age !!). My plan is to do a nikaah (a small wedding ceremony) and then soon after a few days apply for her visa. Would that be a problem as photographs, contact would only be of a last few days before her visa date.

rookie123
Newly Registered

Post by rookie123 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:25 pm

A simple question for the experts on the forum.

I am an EEA national (german) exercising my EU Treaty rights in the UK. Got married to a non EEA national (Pakistani). I submitted the documents at the Visa4UK website, all look well.

I am a little confused on a few points, I hope someone might be able to assist, appreciate that:

The NHS surcharge fee, I didn't see that anywhere on the official checklist, might have missed that. Is it required?

Is the timeline similar to the normal visa timelines?

My spouse got an email refering to 'Your case processing hasn't been straight forward, need more than normal prescribed processing time'. I know this is pretty standard, do I need to be worried.

My visa category is 3A, fullfill requirements without an issue.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:28 pm

You've tagged this onto a 3 year old post and isn't relevant to your situation as you're an EEA national. Post this in your own thread where you should get response.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.