ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa advice re: language requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sharmlu
Newly Registered

Spouse visa advice re: language requirement

Post by sharmlu » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi There, I hope this hasn't been posted before. I tried to look for it but couldn't find one. I am new to this site so here goes:

My husband is Egyptian and I am a British citizen and we will be applying for a spouse visa in the next week or so (or when we have checked we have met all the requirements).

A big question I have is - Does my husband have to have done the language test before he applies for the visa? Also is this just the language requirement and not the life in the UK test?

I probably have more questions but I am trying to read as much as I can first and would really appreciate some advice. I have been advised that we need to put our application in and soon because of more changes/ requirements? Looking, it appears that a lot of these changes have happenned already.

menwall

Post by menwall » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:38 am

Yep he will need to have passed an approved English test to level A1 (or better) through an approved test centre/exam centre before he applies for the visa. See link below for list of approved tests, how to find test providers and what evidence need to be submitted with the application:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

He will not need to do the Life in the UK test until he applies for Indefinate Leave to Remain (aka Permanent Residency). He wouldn't qualify for this for at least 5 years I believe, as this is the shortest route. Spouse -> FLR(M) -> FLR(M) again -> ILR.

C