ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TB Testing for Visitor Visa Upto 2 Years

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

d193068
Newly Registered

TB Testing for Visitor Visa Upto 2 Years

Post by d193068 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi,
I am applying for my mother in Law as a General Visitor in 2 Years category. I think there are new rules where Family Visitor can be applied once either of us (Me and wife) are at least Permanently Settled in UK.

Do I need to get a TB Testing done for my Mother in Law. Though she would not stay in UK for more than 6 months in one go. I assume that is the Visitor Visa rules , right?

The Link below is confusing.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... gname=null

Can anybody guide on this please?. Has somebody got a General Visitor visa for 2 years without TB Testing.

Regards,
Dhiren

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:13 pm

The second paragraph of the text in the link defines the scope. If you are not applying in those categories you don't need this.

d193068
Newly Registered

Post by d193068 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:42 pm

Lucapooka wrote:The second paragraph of the text in the link defines the scope. If you are not applying in those categories you don't need this.
Thank you. Hopefully its that way.

d193068
Newly Registered

Post by d193068 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi , I did receive Long Term Visitor visa with no TB Testing.

The Visa is issued from 6 Feb 13 to 6 Feb 15 for my Mother in Law

She is in UK now from 16th Feb and returning back to India on 30 March. She is again back to UK on 21st April. I wanted to decide about her return date to India . Basically we want her to stay for max permissible limit from 15 October onwards to be with my wife as we are expecting a new addition in the family.

I am aware of the rule where the maximum days stayed in one year is 180 days and accordingly I have planned the below stay :

1.) 43 Days Feb-13 To Mar 13
2.) 10 Days Apr-13 To May 13
3.) One single Trip from 15 th Oct to 7th April which is split as per below
A.) 124 Days 15th Oct to 15th Feb
B.) 53 Days 16th Feb to 7th April

By this planning I do not exceed 180 days in Uk effective from 16th Feb 2013 as shown in the steps from 1 to 3A..
Will this work?

Single trip from 15/10/13 to 7/04/13 is for 175 Days.

If the immigration rules are not observed strictly then , I would like to increase the stay in Step 2 from 10 to 40 Days

Please advise. I tried searching forums and looked at the rules , but not sure if anybody was sent back because of this 180 day rule?

Many thanks in advance

Regards,
D193068

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:41 pm

Thanks for asking this in the same thread as your previous enquiry. The thing is, the guidelines are applied arbitrarily. A business traveller (with strong economic ties to his homeland) who has to dip in and out of the UK regularly, may not be challenged if he oversteps the 180 days threshold. An old lady whose family are resident in the UK, and who is spending the majority of her time in the UK, may be considered as trying to effectively live in the UK with her family but as a visitor rather than a residence permit. I can't see her being refused entry, based on the scenario that you have provided, but there may come a time when a particularly attentive UKBA officer questions her motivation and issues a verbal caution that the rules are there for a reason and she should endeavour to observe them. Until that time, I say she should do as she pleases. That's about all I can say and wait for further comment from others.

d193068
Newly Registered

Post by d193068 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:41 am

Lucapooka wrote:Thanks for asking this in the same thread as your previous enquiry. The thing is, the guidelines are applied arbitrarily. A business traveller (with strong economic ties to his homeland) who has to dip in and out of the UK regularly, may not be challenged if he oversteps the 180 days threshold. An old lady whose family are resident in the UK, and who is spending the majority of her time in the UK, may be considered as trying to effectively live in the UK with her family but as a visitor rather than a residence permit. I can't see her being refused entry, based on the scenario that you have provided, but there may come a time when a particularly attentive UKBA officer questions her motivation and issues a verbal caution that the rules are there for a reason and she should endeavour to observe them. Until that time, I say she should do as she pleases. That's about all I can say and wait for further comment from others.
Thank you very much for the response. Wish the rules were as clearer as the Visa fees :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:16 am

See also Visitor Guidance (Some interesting case laws).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.