ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Content of ILR approval letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

utopia
Newly Registered

Content of ILR approval letter

Post by utopia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Last week I made a PEO application at Croydon seeking ILR for myself and my dependents. At the end of a fairly straightforward, 3 hr process (no questions asked), my case worker returned all passports and original documents along with a signed UKBA letter. However, the letter she gave me only tells me that I'll receive biometric cards within 7 working days WITHOUT explicitly stating that the ILR has been approved. That leaves me a bit worried, at least until the BRP cards arrive.

Is that the standard kind of letter given to all successful applicants? Can I live with the joy that my ILR has definitely been approved?

I ask this question since I do remember previous approval letters (e.g for my Tier 1 grants) carrying an explicit sentence on approval.

A clarification/confirmation would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Utopia

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:47 pm

When my ILR was approved (month ago via PEO) letter didn’t explicitly say ‘ILR approved’ but said BRP will be sent 7-10 working days with reference number to each applicant (if u applied for any dependents). And received the BRP within 4 days,

Guess that is the format for all the ILR approvals,

-------------------------------------
Info/Advice I provide is general in nature and shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional or Legal advice where necessary.

aarnav

Post by aarnav » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:16 pm

HI

Letter is worded like that always

it doesn't really state approvals but the communication varies from CW to CW ,few tell its approved ,few don't say

So you should wait till BRP's ,but its approved

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:04 pm

The letter is contradictory.

In my approval letter, it stated this letter does not convey that ILR is approved. The next line it says, your application for ILR has been approved and you will receive your biometrics within 7 days etc

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:32 pm

I can understand until you receive the BRP cards, you are stressed.As long as the letter says, that they are going to send you the BRP cards, doesn't it mean that "your ILR" has been approved. Which is biggest hurdle you have to encounter,whether straight forward or not.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:41 pm

My letter said exactly the same thing and i had the questions but i received my BRP 2-3 days after the approval.
Dont worry, i think this is the format that they have these days.

utopia
Newly Registered

Post by utopia » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Thanks guys for your replies. That seems to be the standard letter that they hand out to every applicant. Probably UKBA are only being a bit too cautious with the words they use.

Anyway, I've received BRP cards for myself and my dependents; therefore all is well that ends well... :D

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:56 pm

Fab. Congrats

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Great, this confusion does come to your mind as soon as you read the contents of the letter. However, i assumed other way round that I did not receive visa refusal letter, this means this letter does say that it's approved;)
Either way, this thread should be sticky for information.

Thanks everyone.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.