ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR -11 months absence in first year-came late (HSMP+Tier1)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xrm01
Newly Registered

ILR -11 months absence in first year-came late (HSMP+Tier1)

Post by xrm01 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:47 am

Hi Experts,

I am completing 3 years of Tier 1 General next month. Before that I was on HSMP 2 year visa

My question:

Can I apply to ILR directly? (Basis of 2+3 with 11 months absence)

Actually I came late 11 months at beginning.

After that I am continuous working in UK without any Absence.

So Do I qualify for ILR?
  • 1st year 330 days Absence
    2nd year 0 Absence
    3rd year 0 Absence
    4th year 0 Absence
    5th year 0 Absence

I really appreciate if you can advise me on this?

Thank you

-B Desai

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:02 pm

Do you have any dates stamped on your passport - like Entry clearance, UK entry, etc...?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

xrm01
Newly Registered

Post by xrm01 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Yes there is stamp which is very difficult to read

What do you suggest?

Thank you

-B Desai

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:05 pm

Xrm,

You need to calculate your eligibility from the date u landed in the country. Because u entered more than 90 days later you cannot use the entry clearance date. Also 180 days is for absence and not for delayed entry.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

xrm01
Newly Registered

Post by xrm01 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:39 pm

uksettlement wrote:Xrm,

You need to calculate your eligibility from the date u landed in the country. Because u entered more than 90 days later you cannot use the entry clearance date. Also 180 days is for absence and not for delayed entry.

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I had madical reason (some serious surgery) and i had evidence of that... so they did let me in after 11 months of visa stamp..

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:45 pm

xrm01 wrote:
uksettlement wrote:Xrm,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I had madical reason (some serious surgery) and i had evidence of that... so they did let me in after 11 months of visa stamp..
Don't think I have heard of any discretion for late entry. Also, you qualify for ILR after a long time my advice would be to keep yourself updated with the latest ukba changes. As per the current rules you will need one more extension in my opinion.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:42 pm

agree with uksettlement.

you can try your luck in Solihull where may be any nice case worker apply discretion in your favour. you will not loose your money.

good luck

xrm01
Newly Registered

Post by xrm01 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:41 pm

ryan2020 wrote:agree with uksettlement.

you can try your luck in Solihull where may be any nice case worker apply discretion in your favour. you will not loose your money.

good luck
Thank you Ryan.

Just one more question please.

If they dont consider my case and Reject ILR, i need to apply Extention and in that case do i have to give another fees

what do you mean by I will not loos my money.

Please explain

thank you

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:40 pm

ryan2020 wrote:agree with uksettlement.

good luck
Bad advice. This would simply deprive another eligible candidate from a PEO slot.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:58 am

I would do another extension and only then apply for ILR. You don't have 330 days "delay of entering" you simply don't meet the 5 years requirement.