ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 Years degree cap

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jagath123
Newly Registered

5 Years degree cap

Post by jagath123 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:06 pm

According to my Tier 4 visa refusal letter UKBA mention that they refused my visa under 245ZX (ha) (ii) of five year degree cap.

As Tier 4 students I have studied only 1 Year and 3 days for my master degree. My undergraduate studied period was old student visa category stydy at london met uni. I have applied fro HTS college Level 8 course which is equivalent to PHD according to CMI awarding body course is two years.When I applied College said five years rule only for Tier 4 period therefore I can study.But UKBA refuse my visa.
Mainly I am a victim of London metropolitan university genuine student when i do my master I was planning to do my PhD there but I couldent do it because university licence is revoked.
Is there any possibility to appeal this case ground of human right because I am really affected student of London Met Uni case.Or any other way to win this case.

Thanks

Deviser

Re: 5 Years degree cap

Post by Deviser » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:38 pm

jagath123 wrote:According to my Tier 4 visa refusal letter UKBA mention that they refused my visa under 245ZX (ha) (ii) of five year degree cap.

As Tier 4 students I have studied only 1 Year and 3 days for my master degree. My undergraduate studied period was old student visa category stydy at london met uni. I have applied fro HTS college Level 8 course which is equivalent to PHD according to CMI awarding body course is two years.When I applied College said five years rule only for Tier 4 period therefore I can study.But UKBA refuse my visa.
Mainly I am a victim of London metropolitan university genuine student when i do my master I was planning to do my PhD there but I couldent do it because university licence is revoked.
Is there any possibility to appeal this case ground of human right because I am really affected student of London Met Uni case.Or any other way to win this case.

Thanks
Actually college provide you wrong information. As far as I know, the 5 years cap is for everyone who studied in UK on student visa even 10 years before. The 5 years limit is nothing to do with London Met license or human rights.

Plus, I think, if you have applied in public funded university for PhD, you could get further 3 years visa.

Rest you can take legal advice from some good immigration lawyer.