ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help please. unpaid leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hsmpilr

Need help please. unpaid leave

Post by hsmpilr » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 1 general moved from HSMP 4 years back.

I have a 16 day unpaid leave one but last year when I went to home country. Will this affect my ILR continuous residence. Of my 180 days per year I have never exceeded 180 days in any year.

245AAA subsection b) excludes explicitely Tier 1 general
but in section c) it refers to 'highly skilled migrant'. Is Tier1 general a highly skilled migrant.
When I took this leave, there were no such conditions where we were asked to submit reasons for absences that I was aware of. I have been employed for all 5 years with the same company I stated as a permanent role.

For clarity, is there a reason to be produced for all absences even of less than 180 days or just if the absence exceeds 180 days ?

Please advice.
thanks

hsmpilr

Post by hsmpilr » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:45 pm

This para is the one which confuses me the most. It seems very vague for untrained mind of mine.
(c) Except for periods where the applicant had leave as a Tier 1(Investor) Migrant, a Tier 1(Entrepreneur) Migrant, a Tier 1(Exceptional Talent) Migrant or a highly skilled migrant, any absences from the UK during the five years must have been for a purpose that is consistent with the applicant's basis of stay here, including paid annual leave, or for serious or compelling reasons.
From what I can understand, does this stop people from taking any leave other than for serious and compelling reasons ? and all leave must be paid ones within the employer allowed leave ? what about unpaid leave to visit family/parents back in home country ?
Will a personal letter from me saying that I have taken unpaid leave off for visiting my home country suffice ? Fortunately I have only one such leave in my 5 yr period. But how many such are allowed ?

These changes in rules after 6 apr 2013 are confusing me more than anything.

Please, may I request the experienced and gurus to throw some light on the interpretation of the rules ?

thanks in advance

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:14 pm

hsmpilr wrote:This para is the one which confuses me the most. It seems very vague for untrained mind of mine.
(c) Except for periods where the applicant had leave as a Tier 1(Investor) Migrant, a Tier 1(Entrepreneur) Migrant, a Tier 1(Exceptional Talent) Migrant or a highly skilled migrant, any absences from the UK during the five years must have been for a purpose that is consistent with the applicant's basis of stay here, including paid annual leave, or for serious or compelling reasons.
From what I can understand, does this stop people from taking any leave other than for serious and compelling reasons ? and all leave must be paid ones within the employer allowed leave ? what about unpaid leave to visit family/parents back in home country ?
Will a personal letter from me saying that I have taken unpaid leave off for visiting my home country suffice ? Fortunately I have only one such leave in my 5 yr period. But how many such are allowed ?

Please, may I request the experienced and gurus to throw some light on the interpretation of the rules ?

thanks in advance
You need to give more details for some one to comment.

hsmpilr

Post by hsmpilr » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:27 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
hsmpilr wrote:This para is the one which confuses me the most. It seems very vague for untrained mind of mine.

thanks in advance
I am soon (another 3 months) finishing 5 years (HSMP+Tier1). In the middle of 2010, I took 16 days unpaid leave off. Will this affect my ILR ?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:34 pm

hsmpilr wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

thanks in advance
I am soon (another 3 months) finishing 5 years (HSMP+Tier1). In the middle of 2010, I took 16 days unpaid leave off. Will this affect my ILR ?
O.K for Tier 1 to claim points you need to submit 12 months payslips out of a continuous period of 15 months before the date of your ILR application. Your Unpaid leave does not falling that period,I assume.Can't you get a letter from your Employer to cover that period. for an urgent Family Visit? Any way New SET O Form 06/04 is available now. Have a look as to what evidence they are asking? Hope this helps.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Unpaid leave shouldn't be a problem for HSMP/T1 holders. You can provide a letter from employer detailing your absence. They can say that you were on unpaid leave for that period and away from the country.
Goodluck.

saqib389

Re: Need help please. unpaid leave

Post by saqib389 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:41 pm

But how someone can get a letter from employer he didn't have a job ?

What evidence of absence someone needs to produce if he was out of country and didn't have a job in UK ?