ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused... I'm

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bgaineshunter
Newly Registered

Confused... I'm

Post by bgaineshunter » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:43 am

interested in living and working in the Netherlands, which I hope will eventually lead to Dutch citizenship. I am African American, black, although I do have Native American blood also. I am well educated, two master degrees--one technical, one creative, and I'm certified as a computer network professional. I have over 5 years of work experience, but I am 43 years old today and a woman. How would my race, age, and sex affect my getting a work permit, and how would they affect my live once I'm in the Netherlands, if I'm permitted entry? How do I find a Dutch company to sponsor me as a worker? I'm presently learning German. Would being able to speak, read, and write German help?

sphoebe
Newly Registered

Not sure but...

Post by sphoebe » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:14 am

I'm definately no expert, but I KNOW that being fluent in German would greatly increase your chances. Financial situation, if you are able to work (especially in an area that might need a lot of employees), and the fact that you are well educated is a HUGE plus for you. Unfortunately, I don't know how to find a Dutch company for you though. Perhaps you could look around some websites and find a place that is hiring and get in contact with them. If you're good enough, and sound like you are, then you should be able to get them to sponsor you. I hope this helps a little.

Sincerely,
Susie

dutch_beauty
Newly Registered

Post by dutch_beauty » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:51 am

Learning German wouldn't probably help because the Dutch language may be similar but is very different. The Dutch also tend to be quite against the Germans...so you might want to look into learning Dutch if you want to live and work in The Netherlands.

ilsebaecke
Newly Registered

Post by ilsebaecke » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:35 am

Hi there,

I have a very similare problem. I am a dutch citizen, living in south africa. My partner is south african. We also want to move to the Netherlands, but like yourself one of us needs to find employment first. If you find anything, please let me know. My email address: ibaecke@kencargo.co.za.

Many thanks

Ilse