ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 right to work

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chursy

EEA2 right to work

Post by chursy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi

I am a British National and My wife ( Non-Eu National) has a family permit which is due to expire end of April. I have just completed the EEA2 application. She is currently working, does she have a right to work while the application is in process?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:07 pm

Yes. This will be easier to prove when a CoA (Certificate of Application) confirming working rights is issued by the UKBA after receiving her EEA2 application.

chursy

Post by chursy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:27 pm

Perfect - Thanks for your help.

Also is there a recommended time frame to request the documents back? I only ask because my wife should be getting a new passport in a few weeks time and i dont want them to stamp the resident card on the old passport. I read somewhere that they either stamp or issue a vendetta.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:45 pm

They might issue it in an immigration status document, aka a piece of paper.

Your wife can work. You can ask for documents back whenever you wish.