ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 for minor

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Crozier
Newly Registered

Stamp 4 for minor

Post by Crozier » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi all,

Hoping somebody can help me out with a bit of information here.

My wife was recently naturalised and now has an Irish passport. Her daughter lives with us and will be turning 16 next week and will have to register with the GNIB. We presumed she would be getting a stamp 4 when we registered her but when I rang the local garda station immigration office the officer told me that she would be granted a stamp 3 because he doesn't have the authority to grant a stamp 4. He said she has to get stamp 3 first and then she will have to apply for stamp 4 herself. Just wondering, is this normally the case?

Also, how do you actually apply for a stamp 4? Is there an application form because we haven't been able to find one?

Thanks for you help,

Crozier

moro1

Post by moro1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:12 pm

Usually they give stamp 2 but sure it's all the same! Then you have to apply for stamp 4 there is no application form just send a letter to the INIS with school letters and any other supporting documents they ask you then to send them her passport and Any other documents they need eventually they will send you the passport back and a letter stating that she is granted stamp 4 and then she have to present herself to the INIS and register again of course pay again !! I went through this process so I can ensure you that's how it's done