ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Checks on self-employment income and tax

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spicycurry
Newly Registered

Checks on self-employment income and tax

Post by spicycurry » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:03 am

Hello Members,
I want to know what kinds of checks are carried out by UKBA to verify self-employment information?

I have applied for my extension. Other than the accountant's letter, I have also provided invoices (clearly mentioning the name of person to contact, phone, address, email etc.), contracts, previous email communications on work with clients about the self-employment projects.

For Class 2 NIC, I have sent a guidance note from HMRC clearly highlighting that I am eligible for deferment of Class 2 NIC as my income from salaried employment in 2012-13 was more than £3540 every month and the copy of the deferment application made before the end of tax year.

So what kind of requests for verifications can come from UKBA to HMRC and to my clients about which my clients will need to be prepared for?

Thanks.

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:07 am

Hi

Are you claiming income from salaried employment and self employed activities? Also, did you apply by post or in person at one of the PRO's if so which one?

spicycurry
Newly Registered

Post by spicycurry » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:26 am

Hi Fomsand1,
Yes I am claiming both salaried income from full time employment and self-employment. I needed to be in the income range of £50-£55k.

I applied by post.

Please advise.

spicycurry
Newly Registered

Post by spicycurry » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:20 pm

Dear Members,
Any advice on the checks for self employment?

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Anything and everything can be checked in your application

all the documents you submitted in your application can be verified from HMRC, your employer, banks etc
Manka