ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British national with mother father brothers in syria

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ashtar
Newly Registered

British national with mother father brothers in syria

Post by Ashtar » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:04 pm

I am a British national as is my wife. My mother father and brothers are Syrian nationals and are currently in syria. Is there any way they could apply for a visa to visit us in the uk as family members? We would be able to support them financially. Any advice appreciated.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:21 am

They can apply for a visit visa. Obviously the risk of return will weigh heavily on the outcome of that application. It's not going to be easy.

Ashtar
Newly Registered

Thanks, any other options for syrians?

Post by Ashtar » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:49 pm

[quote="Lucapooka"]They can apply for a visit visa. Obviously the risk of return will weigh heavily on the outcome of that application. It's not going to be easy.[/quote]
Right. I fear that the risks of getting them to jordan (dangerous in itself) to apply for a visit visa which would then be immediately rejected because uk immigration would fear they would not return, are high. Is there any other way we can sponsor them, or assist an asylum case, if they were to get Jordan as refugees? It is, as you can imagine, heartbreaking hearing shelling when we call them, and having already experienced other family members being killed or injured as a result of this conflict and not being able to do anything to help. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:55 pm

It's generally not possible to be in one country and request asylum from another. Typically, asylum is claimed by someone who arrives at the border of a country which they hope will protect them.

And clearly your question about visit visa applications is not the true motive for this enquiry!.