ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delayed tier 2 change of employer application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

orthodoc
India

Delayed tier 2 change of employer application

Post by orthodoc » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:40 am

Dear members,
Can someone who has been in similar situation or knows something about it kindly advise. I made my tier 2 change of employer application on 25th Feb and enrolled my biometry on 7th of march. After that I still have not heard from Ukba. What's worrying is people who have enrolled much later have already got their decision. I found from my HR today that it shows status as assigned. Do anyone knows at what stage does thge COS status change from assigned to used? And my COS expires on 14th May which means I don't even have time to withdraw my application and make a PEO appointment. kindly advise.
Thanks.

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:03 am

Generally the process time is 4 to 6 week after biometrics. your biometrics was done on 7th of march so it should be nearly on final stage but as u said ur cos is showing assigned.
So tell ur sponsoror to check through sms again.
And u can wait for 2 or 3 week.
Generally if it shows assigned means the file is not yet processed or checked by caseworker after biometrics.
I prefer to contact homeoffice and try to find out after 1 or 2 week.
All the best

orthodoc
India

Post by orthodoc » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:18 am

nisarmalik wrote:Generally the process time is 4 to 6 week after biometrics. your biometrics was done on 7th of march so it should be nearly on final stage but as u said ur cos is showing assigned.
So tell ur sponsoror to check through sms again.
And u can wait for 2 or 3 week.
Generally if it shows assigned means the file is not yet processed or checked by caseworker after biometrics.
I prefer to contact homeoffice and try to find out after 1 or 2 week.
All the best
Thanks for your prompt response. Much appreciated. my sponsor checked the status half an hour back so that's the latest info I have. its frustrating that my file has not been assigned to a case worker, considering even people who did their biometry on 15th march has got a decision.I assume my best option is to just wait for things to happen. :cry: :cry: :cry: