ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TRAFFIC OFFENCE CU80 (USING MOBILE WHILE DRIVING)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rumee007
Newly Registered

TRAFFIC OFFENCE CU80 (USING MOBILE WHILE DRIVING)

Post by rumee007 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:06 pm

HI..I WAS STOPPED BY POLICE WHILE I WAS DRIVING AND USING MOBILE PHONE BACK IN JUNE 2012. I WILL APPLY FOR MY NATURALIZATION ON 20TH APRIL 2013. I AM BIT CONFUSED HERE ...ALTHOUGH IN MY PAPER COUNTER PART IT SAYS "FIXED PENALTY" £60 FINE WHICH I PAID OVER THE PHONE AND TAKEN MY COUNTER PART TO POLICE STATION TO GET POINTS 3. NOW CAN I APPLY FOR NATURALIZATION NEXT WEEK WHEN I HAVE THIS CU80( MOBILE DRIVING) OFFENCE IN MY COUNTER PART. I HAVE DECIDED I WILL MENTION ABOUT THIS ON PAGE 13 IN AN FORM, WHERE YOU CAN ADD SOME ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

OFFENCE: USING MOBILE PHONE WHILE DRIVING
OFFENCE CODE: CU80
OFFENCE DATE JUNE 2012
PENALTY: £60 AND 3 POINTS ON COUNTER PART.

SO WILL I BE OKAY TO MENTION THIS AND APPLY OR I HAVE TO WAIT 3 YEARS AFTER THIS GET LOST FROM MY RECORD AND APPLY THEN. I HAVE ILR AND IT WILL MATURE 12 MONTHS IN 20TH APRIL 2013.
THNX

Amber
Mood:

Re: TRAFFIC OFFENCE CU80 (USING MOBILE WHILE DRIVING)

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:17 pm

rumee007 wrote:HI..I WAS STOPPED BY POLICE WHILE I WAS DRIVING AND USING MOBILE PHONE BACK IN JUNE 2012. I WILL APPLY FOR MY NATURALIZATION ON 20TH APRIL 2013. I AM BIT CONFUSED HERE ...ALTHOUGH IN MY PAPER COUNTER PART IT SAYS "FIXED PENALTY" £60 FINE WHICH I PAID OVER THE PHONE AND TAKEN MY COUNTER PART TO POLICE STATION TO GET POINTS 3. NOW CAN I APPLY FOR NATURALIZATION NEXT WEEK WHEN I HAVE THIS CU80( MOBILE DRIVING) OFFENCE IN MY COUNTER PART. I HAVE DECIDED I WILL MENTION ABOUT THIS ON PAGE 13 IN AN FORM, WHERE YOU CAN ADD SOME ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

OFFENCE: USING MOBILE PHONE WHILE DRIVING
OFFENCE CODE: CU80
OFFENCE DATE JUNE 2012
PENALTY: £60 AND 3 POINTS ON COUNTER PART.

SO WILL I BE OKAY TO MENTION THIS AND APPLY OR I HAVE TO WAIT 3 YEARS AFTER THIS GET LOST FROM MY RECORD AND APPLY THEN. I HAVE ILR AND IT WILL MATURE 12 MONTHS IN 20TH APRIL 2013.
THNX
The FPN on its own would not form part of a non-custodial sentence for the purpose of the good character requirement or conviction for the purpose of paragraph 3.3.2. As it was not contested at court it should prove no issue though should be declared. Though if you have multiple FPN in the 12 months preceding your application refusal is likely.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rumee007
Newly Registered

Post by rumee007 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:26 pm

thanx for your reply D4109125. no i dont have any FPN in last 12 month not even in last 5 years. but i had drink driving offence 6 years ago. under the new rules of immigration i have to declare all "spent"and "unspent" conviction. isnt it? so i will mention both in page 13 on form AN where i will provide them my paper counter part aswel. so do you think i should apply next week and i do not have to wait for 3 years as i paid fine and got points in my licence. CU80 offence does it stop you applying for naturalization for 3 years,..? thanx again

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:32 pm

rumee007 wrote:thanx for your reply D4109125. no i dont have any FPN in last 12 month not even in last 5 years. but i had drink driving offence 6 years ago. under the new rules of immigration i have to declare all "spent"and "unspent" conviction. isnt it? so i will mention both in page 13 on form AN where i will provide them my paper counter part aswel. so do you think i should apply next week and i do not have to wait for 3 years as i paid fine and got points in my licence. CU80 offence does it stop you applying for naturalization for 3 years,..? thanx again
Well the FPN should not pose any issue. However, the drink driving offence is one of recklessness and can still cause discretionary refusal as is a conviction at court. However, as it was 6 years ago and you have not been convicted of any further offence your chances ought to be good.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rumee007
Newly Registered

Post by rumee007 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:36 pm

thanx for your prompt reply. i will apply through NCS and i will speak to them regarding this. if they cant give me any solid answer then i will ask them to call ukba and ask for information regarding this offences.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:38 pm

rumee007 wrote:thanx for your prompt reply. i will apply through NCS and i will speak to them regarding this. if they cant give me any solid answer then i will ask them to call ukba and ask for information regarding this offences.
That is a good idea. You will likely be successful.