ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unpaid Leave Doc Evidences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pegakrishna

Unpaid Leave Doc Evidences

Post by pegakrishna » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:57 am

Hi All,

Last year, I took 13 days unpaid leave for my marriage purpose and I got the employer letter to confirm unpaid leaves.

Is employer letter is suffice? Please confirm

1. Do I need to provide any additional doc evidences to cover unpaid leaves for my ILR application?

Pls advise. I'm due to apply ILR soon

superfox
Newly Registered

Post by superfox » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:33 am

Marriage certificate would be helpful

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Thank you for your inputs.

Can anyone who recently applied ILR having similar situation like me ?? feel free to post your experiences

missgolightly

Post by missgolightly » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:54 pm

I plan on applying for ILR in July, and have been reading about all this unpaid/days of absence drama. In on Tier 1 General.

The company I worked for in 2008 went into administration/got bought by another company and I took voluntary redundancy and had 3 months of salary in lieu of notice. I took two weeks off before starting my new job.

I literally started my new job right away, and had the two week break in between.

Do I actually need to document this? Will this be a problem?

Is the UKBA saying we are not allowed a normal lifestyle with holidays that we can afford and are supported by our earnings?

I know there are other forums on this subject but finding it all overwhelming and can't actually believe that normal short holidays throughout your life need to be documented.

Sorry for the rant but any feedback is helpful.

I'll be getting a lawyer to handle my case I guess but really thought it would be straightforward!!!

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:02 am

Can't agree with you more on the rights to take holidays. If they reject a case purely baseing on a few unpaid holidays, and your overall absenct still below the permitted days, I am sure you can appeal and argue the case!
missgolightly wrote:I plan on applying for ILR in July, and have been reading about all this unpaid/days of absence drama. In on Tier 1 General.

The company I worked for in 2008 went into administration/got bought by another company and I took voluntary redundancy and had 3 months of salary in lieu of notice. I took two weeks off before starting my new job.

I literally started my new job right away, and had the two week break in between.

Do I actually need to document this? Will this be a problem?

Is the UKBA saying we are not allowed a normal lifestyle with holidays that we can afford and are supported by our earnings?

I know there are other forums on this subject but finding it all overwhelming and can't actually believe that normal short holidays throughout your life need to be documented.

Sorry for the rant but any feedback is helpful.

I'll be getting a lawyer to handle my case I guess but really thought it would be straightforward!!!