ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) or EEA4

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alex_max
Newly Registered

SET(M) or EEA4

Post by alex_max » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:08 am

Hi There

I am really confused and don't know what to do.

I am an Egyptian came to UK on Mar 2003 on student visa then got married on Mar 2010 to Spanish citizen who lives/study and working in UK so I got a visa for 5 years.

now I've been for more than 10 years in UK and more than 3 years married for a EEA.

can someone please tell me which form i should use Set(m) or EEA4 to get the permanent visa as my goal is the UK citizenship.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:21 am

Neither.

SET(LR) is possible. But include proof that EEA citizen was a qualified person or has PR since marriage in 2010 to present time.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

alex_max
Newly Registered

Post by alex_max » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:19 pm

vinny wrote:Neither.

SET(LR) is possible. But include proof that EEA citizen was a qualified person or has PR since marriage in 2010 to present time.

Thank you Vinny, but now I am really confused, my wife insisting that i should use EEA4 and a friend who work as a lowyer is telling me to use SET(M) and now you telling me SET(LR)

:/

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:54 pm

Vinny is perfectly correct, and your wife and lawyer seem to be wrong.

You have not been living in the UK in accordance with the EEA regulations for 5 years, that is, as the spouse of a qualified person for 5 year. Therefore an application under regulation 15(1b) is almost certainly doomed to fail.

Your only option is applying under national rules, subject you your passing the life in the UK test and meeting the suitability requirement.

Then and only then, will a caseworker exercise discretion, and accept in lawful residence under the EEA regulation, as if it was leave to remain under the rules.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors