ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

misplaced the original document by ukba

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

arihan

misplaced the original document by ukba

Post by arihan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:52 pm

Dear All,

I got my ILR today . However while they returned my document , as It was so late so I didn't check properly. After coming home I found that they have returned me a xerox copy instead of one of my original document. (i.e my previous company relieving letter). Could anyone pls tell me how I would get my original document back.

arihan

Post by arihan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:31 pm

anybody knows what to do ?

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:35 pm

Send a letter to the UKBA department which had your documents and ask them if they could return it back.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:23 am

Write them letter and also send them email (i don't know the address), am sure they will find & return to you.
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:31 am

Sahib wrote:Write them letter and also send them email (i don't know the address), am sure they will find & return to you.
Correct me if I am wrong, however is it just the company letter that you provided they kept? If so from my recollection of ILR they kept the company letter I submitted as it's address to them and for them.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:28 pm

If the letter they kept was addressed to UKBA, Home Office or case worker then you won't get the letter back as its their property.
Goodluck.

arihan

Post by arihan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:43 pm

Its not the company letter. Its my previous company experience letter which they must return. However I filled the form through http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/

My bad luck is they sent me the "previous company relieving letter xerox copy" instead of "previous company experiece certificate in original"

so sent again and waiting for them to come back to me.