ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working after licence revoked

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

preethika1000
Newly Registered

Working after licence revoked

Post by preethika1000 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:52 pm

I have a Tier 2 visa and my employer's sponsor licence was revoked on Feb 2013 by UKBA. I didn't get any mails from UKBA and I still works for the same employer. Is it legal to continue working with the same company under Tier2 until I get the message from UKBA?

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:38 am

WHAT HAPPENS TO MY SPONSORED MIGRANTS IF MY LICENCE IS REVOKED? 708. If we revoke your licence, we will: a) Immediately end (curtail) the permission to stay in the UK of any migrants whom we believe were actively involved (complicit) in any dishonesty by you (for example, if the migrant agreed that you would arrange a non-existent job for them so they could come to the UK); and b) reduce the length of the permission to stay in the UK of any other migrants (those who were not actively involved) to 60 calendar days, to give them a chance to find a new sponsor. (If the migrant has less than 60 days of their leave remaining, we will not curtail their leave.) 709. In the first case above, the migrant will have to leave the UK or face enforced removal. In the second case above, they will also have to leave or face enforced removal if, at the end of the 60 calendar days, they have not found a new sponsor. 710. If you are an endorsing body under the Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) scheme, the same action will be taken in respect of any migrant you are endorsing under that scheme. 711. We will take action against any migrant who remains in the UK after their permission to stay here has expired. This may result in migrants being detained and removed from the country. Any applications they make to come to the UK within the next 10 years may also be refused. 712. If you have your licence revoked, any CoS you have assigned automatically become invalid. This means that any application for entry clearance or leave to remain made on the basis of such a CoS will automatically be refused. 713. Where the migrant has already been granted entry clearance when we revoke your licence, the entry clearance will be cancelled under paragraph 30A (ii) of the immigration rules, if he or she has not yet travelled to the UK. If the migrant has travelled to the UK, they will be refused entry to the country under paragraph 321(ii) of the immigration rules.

preethika1000
Newly Registered

Post by preethika1000 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Thank you!
While I'm searching for a new T2 job, can I continue working for the employer(whose licence is revoked) during the 60 day grace period?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:08 am

are you sure that your sponsor's licence has been revoked rather than just suspended or downgraded?
To see the differences refer to the Tier 2 sponsor guidance:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

preethika1000
Newly Registered

Post by preethika1000 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:09 pm

Thank you manci,

It was under suspension and it later got revoked during the first week of Feb.

preethika1000
Newly Registered

Post by preethika1000 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:18 am

'Permission to Stay' for 60 days
does that mean, I can work on that 60 days even though the
employer's licence has been revoked?