ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MojoJojo

ILR for Spouse

Post by MojoJojo » Tue May 14, 2013 6:33 pm

Hello

I got my dependant UK visa on 3/6/11
I came to the UK on 28/6/11
Went to Pakistan for 6 weeks on 18/10/11(approx 48 days)for exams and returned on 4/12/11 and have been in the UK since then.
My dependant visa expires on 3/9/13
What date should I apply for my ILR?
I am a bit confused with then 28 day thing...does that include working days only?...am I supposed to count back 28 days and apply on that exact date? If I count back 28 days including weekends it comes to 6/8/13.Is that correct?Is that the exact date my application should reach them or I lose my money? It's all French to me!

Any help would be appreciated.

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR for Spouse

Post by Amber » Tue May 14, 2013 7:36 pm

MojoJojo wrote:Hello

Went to Pakistan for 6 weeks on 18/10/11(approx 48 days)for exams and returned on 4/12/11 and have been in the UK since then.
I am a bit confused with then 28 day thing...does that include working days only?...am I supposed to count back 28 days and apply on that exact date? If I count back 28 days including weekends it comes to 6/8/13.Is that correct?Is that the exact date my application should reach them or I lose my money? It's all French to me!

You can apply 28 days (not business days, any day) prior to your two year probationary period ending. The probationary period is that you have completed a period of 2 years in the UK, with a visa or permission to remain as a spouse/civil p. As well as meeting the other requirements http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/ here
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

MojoJojo

Post by MojoJojo » Wed May 15, 2013 12:03 pm

D4109125 wrote:

You can apply 28 days (not business days, any day) prior to your two year probationary period ending. The probationary period is that you have completed a period of 2 years in the UK, with a visa or permission to remain as a spouse/civil p. As well as meeting the other requirements http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/ here

Thankyou for replying.The probationary period is 27months isn't it? So basically I apply anytime after 29th June to before 6th August.Excellent I think I finally understand this mumbo jumbo!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed May 15, 2013 12:08 pm

MojoJojo wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thankyou for replying.The probationary period is 27months isn't it? So basically I apply anytime after 29th June to before 6th August.Excellent I think I finally understand this mumbo jumbo!
Under the old rules, the probationary period for set(m) is 2 years. See the link I provided.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.