ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Over 6month waiting for my IRL

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nizar97
Newly Registered

Over 6month waiting for my IRL

Post by Nizar97 » Wed May 08, 2013 1:24 pm

I applied for my ILR set (m) on the 31 October 2013 , I had few traffic offence which I mention on my application " fail to report and driving without care and attention " I was giving a fine on the court and 6 point on my licence bit no criminal record as I been told . I recived a letter from the UKBA on the 4th of December to provide my Biometric information which I done by the 7th .and since than I didn't hear anything . The problem now I am separated with my partner since february bit our relationship is not broke down as we still seeing her every weekend . I would like to ask am I a subject of refusal or my be an appeal ? What's the best I can do to sort it out .

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Wed May 08, 2013 1:31 pm

Nizar,

Applications are taking longer than normal so your best option is to wait until you get a decision on existing application.
Disclaimer: I am not an immigration lawyer or a regulated OISC adviser. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed May 08, 2013 1:39 pm

rather than waiting why don't you contact your MP ?

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed May 08, 2013 1:40 pm

This is not common for SET(m) so rather than waiting why don't you contact your MP ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed May 08, 2013 2:09 pm

6 months at the present time isn't unusual.

Nizar97
Newly Registered

6 month and 10 days and i still wait what can i do please

Post by Nizar97 » Sun May 12, 2013 1:59 pm

i applied for ILR on 31th October 2012 on spouse base SET(M) i had a traffic offense which i mention on my application . i believe that's what delay the answer . Now its 6 months and 12 days since i applied . i called the home office for inquiry all what i get its just more waiting as they told me that my case still under process . can anyone help and tell me what can i do now ? and whats the best way to find out ? please

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: 6 month and 10 days and i still wait what can i do pleas

Post by Amber » Sun May 12, 2013 2:55 pm

Nizar97 wrote:i applied for ILR on 31th October 2012 on spouse base SET(M) i had a traffic offense which i mention on my application . i believe that's what delay the answer . Now its 6 months and 12 days since i applied . i called the home office for inquiry all what i get its just more waiting as they told me that my case still under process . can anyone help and tell me what can i do now ? and whats the best way to find out ? please

Thanks
What was the offence exactly?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Nizar97
Newly Registered

Post by Nizar97 » Sun May 12, 2013 3:03 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Nizar97 wrote:i applied for ILR on 31th October 2012 on spouse base SET(M) i had a traffic offense which i mention on my application . i believe that's what delay the answer . Now its 6 months and 12 days since i applied . i called the home office for inquiry all what i get its just more waiting as they told me that my case still under process . can anyone help and tell me what can i do now ? and whats the best way to find out ? please

Thanks
What was the offense exactly?
there s the offense fail to stop fail to report , driving without due care and attention , driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun May 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Nizar97 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thanks
there s the offense fail to stop fail to report , driving without due care and attention , driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence
Were you convicted at court and did you receive a court fine?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Nizar97
Newly Registered

Post by Nizar97 » Sun May 12, 2013 3:09 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Nizar97 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thanks
i applied guilty for all the offense and i received a fine of 680 pound which i only have one installment left now due on the 16 th of this month . as far as i ve been told i don't have criminal record for it .

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun May 12, 2013 3:15 pm

Nizar97 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Nizar97 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
i applied guilty for all the offense and i received a fine of 680 pound which i only have one installment left now due on the 16 th of this month . as far as i ve been told i don't have criminal record for it .
What you are saying is that you were convicted at court and received a court fine. In such case under the rehabilitation of offenders act the conviction will become spent after 5 years. When you applied for ILR (prior to December 2012) the rules were that an unspent conviction would be a general grounds for refusal. Under the new rules the conviction would not be a bar after 2 years or perhaps straight away in the case of a court issued FPN.

Did you declare the conviction when you applied for ILR?

Nizar97
Newly Registered

Post by Nizar97 » Sun May 12, 2013 3:23 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Nizar97 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Nizar97 wrote:
What you are saying is that you were convicted at court and received a court fine. In such case under the rehabilitation of offenders act the conviction will become spent after 5 years. When you applied for ILR (prior to December 2012) the rules were that an unspent conviction would be a general grounds for refusal. Under the new rules the conviction would not be a bar after 2 years or perhaps straight away in the case of a court issued FPN.

i did declare them on my application ,and i can understand if i it will be refused , my question is " am i a subject of an appeal " if not what type of visa can i apply for ? thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun May 12, 2013 3:29 pm

Nizar97 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Nizar97 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

i did declare them on my application ,and i can understand if i it will be refused , my question is " am i a subject of an appeal " if not what type of visa can i apply for ? thanks
It is likely that you will be refused and the decision will be correct as at the time you had an unspent conviction - court fine. When was the conviction?

Nizar97
Newly Registered

Post by Nizar97 » Sun May 12, 2013 3:32 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Nizar97 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Nizar97 wrote:

It is likely that you will be refused and the decision will be correct as at the time you had an unspent conviction - court fine. When was the conviction?

my convection was last years on the 04th of april 2012 .

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun May 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Nizar97 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Nizar97 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

my convection was last years on the 04th of april 2012 .
Well if the conviction is classed as a non-custodial sentence then that will be a general grounds for refusal under the current rules for 24 months. I would wait for the decision, the longer the better to be honest as you want to have 24 months elapsed before you become eligible for settlement under the current rules. If you are refused before the 24 months has elapsed you need to consider extending your stay until you are eligible.

Nizar97
Newly Registered

Post by Nizar97 » Sun May 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Well if the conviction is classed as a non-custodial sentence then that will be a general grounds for refusal under the current rules for 24 months. I would wait for the decision, the longer the better to be honest as you want to have 24 months elapsed before you become eligible for settlement under the current rules. If you are refused before the 24 months has elapsed you need to consider extending your stay until you are eligible.[/quote]

thanks very much for the information AMBER , i would like to ask if its the case and i have to consider extending my stay , which form and application i am entitle to and what bases i can apply on ? thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun May 12, 2013 4:12 pm

Nizar97 wrote:Well if the conviction is classed as a non-custodial sentence then that will be a general grounds for refusal under the current rules for 24 months. I would wait for the decision, the longer the better to be honest as you want to have 24 months elapsed before you become eligible for settlement under the current rules. If you are refused before the 24 months has elapsed you need to consider extending your stay until you are eligible.

thanks very much for the information AMBER , i would like to ask if its the case and i have to consider extending my stay , which form and application i am entitle to and what bases i can apply on ? thanks
Well I suspect flr(m).

Nizar97
Newly Registered

Post by Nizar97 » Wed May 15, 2013 12:23 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Nizar97 wrote:Well if the conviction is classed as a non-custodial sentence then that will be a general grounds for refusal under the current rules for 24 months. I would wait for the decision, the longer the better to be honest as you want to have 24 months elapsed before you become eligible for settlement under the current rules. If you are refused before the 24 months has elapsed you need to consider extending your stay until you are eligible.

Well I suspect flr(m).
hello Amber , today i received my biometric residence card by DX but its nly valid for 2 years until 13/05/2015 . i didnt receive any letter explaining why or any call from the home office , do u think its just an extending stay ? and how can i find out more about my rights ? thanks

Nizar97
Newly Registered

ILR application Problem

Post by Nizar97 » Thu May 22, 2014 3:39 pm

i am married to a British citizen since 2009 i moved in to the UK in 10/2010 after i ve been granted a spouse visa for 2 years . we leave together for two years and i applied for ILR in the end 10/2012 i ve been granted with another 2 years on 04/2013 cause of my unspent traffic offense . this traffic offence happened on the 04/2011 which i beleive its already spent by this date . i would like to mention that me and my wife we no longer living together due some problems but we still in seeing eachother and we still married as well .
i passed the life in Uk test when i applied before . the question is am i entitle to apply again soon before my residence permit expire in 2015 . what do i need to do exactly .
thanks for your help

Nizar97
Newly Registered

help please ILR or visa extension !!

Post by Nizar97 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:05 pm

i am married to a British citizen since 2009 i moved in to the UK in 10/2010 after i ve been granted a spouse visa for 2 years . we leave together for two years and i applied for ILR in the end 10/2012 i ve been granted with another 2 years on 04/2013 cause of my unspent traffic offense . this traffic offence happened on the 04/2011 which i beleive its already spent by this date . i would like to mention that me and my wife we no longer living together due some problems but we still in seeing eachother and we still married as well .
i passed the life in Uk test when i applied before . the question is am i entitle to apply again soon before my residence permit expire in 2015 . what do i need to do exactly .
thanks for your help