ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR refused.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

smiles345
Member of Standing

FLR refused.

Post by smiles345 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:47 am

my friend who was on student nurse visa completed the course here and obtained PIN number N.M.C [nursing and midwifery council] the employer applied work permit for her [her visa expired just 2 day after the Wp application made by the employer. the first WP was refused but she had sent the FLR before her visa was expired. the employer again applied the WP and approved. but the leave to remain team sent the letter to her asking to leave the country saying that her WP was refused. but she again sent the FLR on the basis of new approvel. but the FLR team already sent the passport to teh enforcment wing. the new FLR also refused. is there any possibilty if she go back to India and get the entry clearance? how she can get the passport from these people to go back to india? will ther be a problem overstay at the embassy in india? please help

tvt

Post by tvt » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:47 pm

I recommend she obtains legal advice. She is in a tricky situation which can be easily sorted out by a good lawyer with the right contacts.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:33 pm

any senior moderators inputs will be highly appreciable. the solicitors asking for quite lot of money . pls help

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:40 pm

I suggest leaving the UK and applying for EC from outside the country on the basis of the new WP. Will save time, money and nerves. Suggest writing a detailed explanatory statement to ECO about what happened and submit with VAF1.
The deemed overstay will not be a problem.
There was a person on this board in almost similar situation, who did exactly the same and got his EC under WP approved in 5 days.

Good luck!

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:36 pm

many thanx jeff for yr kind reply. would u please guide me how can she get the Passport from the enforcement ? would that be collected from the airport? is there any grounds in immigration law says that one overstayed can get the EC from out side country?

many thanx in advance

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:08 pm

She could just go to the police, lay a charge of passport theft against the Home Office, get a police report, and then go to the Indian embassy in London and obtain a new passport.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:11 pm

thanx for the reply dawie. if she does that sort of thing , i mean contacting the police against the home office that will affect her EC from india does'nt it? is there any possibilty if we send an reconsideration request to the home office? if we over stay for certain period do we need to pay any money here? pls pls clarify

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:21 pm

Has she tried a standard procedure of return of passports given on the Border and Immigration Agency's website?

hereagain
Newly Registered

Post by hereagain » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:38 pm

Yes, I'd try asking the BIA to give the passport back first, they do have a proceedure for those wanting to voluntarily depart. "Get a new passport and everything will be OK" is recommended to much in this forum!