ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence letters

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SureShot

Absence letters

Post by SureShot » Thu May 23, 2013 3:40 pm

"Absences must be connected to the applicant’s sponsored or permitted employment, or the permitted economic activity being carried out in the UK, for example, business trips or short secondments. This also includes, if appropriate, any paid annual leave. Evidence in the form of a letter from the employer setting out the reasons for the absences, including annual leave, must be provided. Tier 1 (General) applicants who are self-employed or in business must provide a letter of explanation of their business-related absences."
Can the people who have had recent experiences please suggest what this line has changed for them.

I am referring to the cases where people do not have any unpaid leave / break in employments etc.

The reason I as this question is because there have been certain times that I have been away from the UK and been allowed to work from home/hotel. So although I am allowed 25 weekdays off from the office I probably have been out for a lot more than this number.

Also what about the long weekends and day trips to europe. How does one get a letter form the employer station that they were out of the UK from a Saturday morning to a sunday evening.

Also another specific case where its difficult to get an amployer letter - if you work (from home/hotel outside UK) on lets say wednesday during your week off - the absense from work is 4 days but the absence from the UK will be 9 days ( given you leave UK the previous friday evening and arrive to UK the following monday morning )

Any advice to handle these situations will be very very helpful indeed.

Thanks a lot.